TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

The Police in Iraq
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: response Reply with quote

K., here's what I'm waiting for: We, the people, to have had enough of whatever it is, that WE, the PEOPLE have our own party as our voice. A strong party. A march on Washington party. Not a violent party. Not a passive party. Just a rodeo, getting things back under control. The way this country was designed. The more children you have, the less you pay attention to the 'good' ones. I'm looking for that person to walk out of a crowd and say, 'Here I am.' Yes, I am.

Oh, did you know there's no such word as 'thrusted'? You can have a thruster, or you can be thrusting; otherwise, its just thrust. Love, L.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Poly(many) tics(parasites) Reply with quote

L,

Good grief. You're talking treason gal... do away with the two party system? Next you'll be asking to make voting machines untamperable.
Who knows where this sort of thinking will lead.

Thanks for correcting my "thrust" statement... I did ask to be corrected... OOuuch!

K
lg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: party Reply with quote

Nah, not do away with what exists, but add to, and let the people decide.
D. Rice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Poly(many) tics(parasites) Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Guest1,

If they were your toes... I'm truely sorry.

Maybe it's a hold over from the sixties.

K

K, wait a... hold it a moment before you go 2nd guessing yourself into oblivion. I personally think alot of time is spent %&$#@! footing around the messages on this site in an effort to protect the feelings of others. I do respect efforts to appear amenable to alternative perspectives and to avoid inadvertently offending others. I don't mean to be calloused and indifferent about the sensitivities of others however, It's a slippery slope for me. Alot of keyboard time can be spent beating around the bush on behalf of imagined misunderstandings when it's tough enough for me to go from thoughts between my ears to words upon your screen.

Maybe it's just me (here I go..) but sometimes I unduly fall all over myself in an attempt at protecting the feelings of others in an unconscious effort to meet their approval. Just in case I'm as clear as mud here, please see words in red as an example of what I'm saying. I don't mean to slap ya around (LG) for slapping K. around. I just needed to blurt it out before my editor/censor takes control and stifles me into silence. Forgive me LG, I really do enjoy your postings.
lg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: slapping around and general hooey Reply with quote

DRice, well taken. Klatu and I have had this kind of 'relationship' on this site since day one! Its like he shakes the bag all up, and I wait to see where the marbles land. Our personalities are just the way they are, and he and I rather understand each other. We don't mean any rough-housing, as he and I are both not keen on that. He takes up for his point, I for mine, and he and I stand on the opposite sides of the same court. We have to have someone to play with...

I have been, many times, a (sort of) mediator type on here; there WAS this one situation, though...anyway...sometimes I do wander and wander and wander, but there is method in that madness, somewhere. K. uncovered it a long time ago, so when we exchange things, I don't think either one of us believes any wool is being pulled, you know? At times, its just fun to banter with each other, though we both mean what we write...its kind hard to explain. K. has the advantage of another sharp intellect beside him, as well...

Still, I see your slippery slope and comprehend the depth of your mud. L.
lg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Policing Iraq Reply with quote

Police, ambassadors, anyone working for democracy over there has to have a strong will and a righteous heart. Those positions are so dangerous; in our beginning, America went through this sort of thing, but we had the advantages of an ocean and lack of instant communications. I can't imagine it, today...Here's what I really don't get: suicide bombers. How do you work for anything you desire, if you take yourself out of the equation? I can't get this kamikaze type of mentality. Seems to me, like in WWII, that's a last ditch type of thing. Why can't they 'get' that, as well as the fact they are killing people who have nothing to do with their cause moving forward? It is simply so futile, to me.
frailwordscollapse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Iraq police... Reply with quote

Those men ARE heroes, just to be able to cope with such harsh and extreme conditions. They will live on forever.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lg,
Are they being told, in a way we would consider it, that this is their only way into heaven and they feel they have no potential to get there any other way? Maybe someone can let me know if what you have heard. There was one report that seemed to say there was someone behind the suicide bomber that might have set off the bomb and not the suicide bomber. If this is true, then it is now a different situation.
lg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: response Reply with quote

Mercy, I have no answers. I saw a video clip of a proud mother standing beside her son, who was getting ready to become a matyr (he was going to blow himself up). Now, in the Bible, there is the 'kill your son if you love me' metaphor...but I do have to say, if that was my son in the video clip, I'd be hanging onto his heels, cutting device in hand for any tape or whatever, cursing a 'god' that required life for life, from an innocent. Still, the Bible has the same parallel. (Old Testament)

I think that is the appeal of the forward thought of the Christ (New Testament)...beyond all of the old rules, he said 'Look, people, let's work on this getting along thing. Love one another.' I see this 'appeal' as actual maturity and growth of God Him/Her/Itself...you know, like when your kids are little, they need a lot of rules, but when they grow up, they have to be responsible adults. The old 'you can lead a horse to water, but can you make him drink' sort of thing...

I dunno...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lg,
Nicely said. I will have to get my Bible out and read more about it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what the current toll has been on these police officers? How many are trained compared to how many they want trained? How many are injured and, horrible question, killed on the job lately? Are they somewhat on schedule to get all they need trained?
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackwater exists--and don't let the government tell you otherwise. I have a friend who has a friend over in Afghanistan who is essentially a mercenary. Why wouldn't they be in Iraq, too?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: