TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

The Police in Iraq
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimAllen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: The Police in Iraq Reply with quote

I am so affected by the courage of the Iraqi police. They just get hammered. So many deaths and what a terrible position to be in. Considered targets and traitors, but still keep on. I will forever remember this group.
lg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject: I. Policemen Reply with quote

Understood. After all, even the Christs' disciples didn't have that kind of courage, when the chips were down. A lot of people have a lot of opinions about the hows and whys of freedom. The police show us EXACTLY what its worth, so the hows and whys seem to be only opinions. First, you have to GET it, before you opine. I find too many talks (about anything) lead to inaction...L.
K.C.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of consider those guys heros. They headed into it as "Well it's a job and I need one." And are sticking to trying to keep their country in one piece. What amazing people.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: The price of sainthood Reply with quote

Tim, Kc, Lg,

Heros and saints are common people that are separated out from the others by circumstance and personal choice.
The circumstance is presented to them and they choose. Rosa Parks, Alvin York, Abe Lincoln... I think Abe said it best, "Some are born to greatness, others have it thrusted upon them".

Police, Fire, Postal, Teacher... thankless jobs until they distinguish themselves by choice and circumstance. The circumstance and their choice awakens us to who they are, but they were saints and heros before we came to know them.

We are paying through the nose for this war in Iraq but the Iraqis will still have to earn their freedom... it is never for free nor is it ever really paid for... the price is constant sacrifice.

K
slartibartfast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: We? Reply with quote

Hi K
Whats with the WE? R.e...."paying through the nose
WE the world or WE the Americans?
Lets get it together and establish WE the people!
KB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: We the people... yeah right. Reply with quote

slartibartfast,

"We" as in, those who participating, those who are sacrificing their lives, those who will be paying off the national debt for the next two generations, those who have died, those who will die even to the next generation.
This war has made a mess of many lives and economies and we have'nt seen the end yet.
Terrorism would not exist if the US and others did'nt create it. They are not pissed because we claim to live in freedom and they don't care if we go to hell in hand basket for being infidels. They fight and die because we dared to meddle in their internal affairs and then lay claim by emminent domain to their oil.
Have you noticed we are not 'liberating' any other people whose country possess no oil.

If this continues we will not need terrorists to bring down this country(US) the president on his horse 'rightousness' will do it single handedly.
No matter how you slice it "We" are along for the ride, "We" have no say in what goes on, unless you want to labeled a terrorist or heretic (anti-patriotic) and incarcerated like a common criminal.

"We" will be shorn like sheep by the international bankers for the next three generations to pay for the debt and interest, wether we win or lose this war on terror. Should the value of the US dollar fall for any reason during this 30 year war, it will protract to ten generations.

No war is started without design, who do you think designed this one?

Not "We" the sheeple..... bah ah ah ahy george(sherif bush) no!

K
SB

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The Police in Iraq Reply with quote

Reminds me of "The Postman" by David Brin (I think). (It was a good book. The movie couldn't capture it all.) Putting together a nation from a society in chaos, --against incredible odds.

Glorious madness. I hope, someday, this turns out well for the Iraquis. I hope they have their visions and visionaries.

SB
~~~~~~~~~~~

TimAllen wrote:
I am so affected by the courage of the Iraqi police. They just get hammered. So many deaths and what a terrible position to be in. Considered targets and traitors, but still keep on. I will forever remember this group.
Guest 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: politics Reply with quote

Careful, careful K, you are stepping on many toes.
Lyn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Iraq's police Reply with quote

Serving does not seem to be just to feed the family anymore. They keep coming. It seems to be understod that this is for their future, too. You are right. The extraordinary hazards they face and still they serve - that is a hero.

Best wishes on your future, Iraq.
Rachael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very courageous. Very Happy

Laughing Rachael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Poly(many) tics(parasites) Reply with quote

Guest1,

If they were your toes... I'm truely sorry.
I have nothing personal against this president, I would say the same things regardless of who was in office and performed as poorly.

I realize it sounds radical, but it's honest and factual.

Will someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I think it was Thomas Paine who said "A patriot must be willing to defend his country from it's government". Even back then they knew the dangers of big government that would act more and more like a king.

When it comes right down to it... I don't like it when someone else makes a choice for me, perhaps because they think I'm unable or not informed or there's not enough time. I don't like "going along for the ride" when the driver is of questionable skill level.

Maybe it's a hold over from the sixties.

K
barbara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hats off to anyone over in Irag at this time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
slartibartfast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Yes .WE the people Reply with quote

Dear K
We are singing from the same hymn sheet.
I refer to "WE" as a global community.
I am not American and I was wondering who you were refering to when you said we.
Please less aggression K.
There will, I feel, always be territorial and idealogical fights. It seems, unfortunetly, to be hard wired in our make up. From the school yard to the battlefield and even onto forums.
KB
lg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Iraqi police Reply with quote

Hmm...this began with the courage of the police in Iraq. What has this to do with dissecting heros or saints? Mercy. Call a spade a spade.
As a 60's evolutionary myself, I have observed there seems to be three kinds of 'us' who walked out of the smoke; the radical (still angry, after all these years), the idealogical (still proing and conning, after all these years) and the creators (still leading, quietly or publicly, after all these years). I have absolutely no problem with anyone being radical, for whatever reasons they have. That's their right. Got no problem with anyone being creative or leading, because they are DOING something. But geez, I get so impatient with people who continue to sit on a pleasant country fence, breeze in their hair, pontificating about things, while the world goes to hell in a handbasket. Ponder we all should, but then do something. That's just me; it's like having the Great Scales of Life...we need the scale to weigh, but the outcome will be from the substance of weight, right and left, not ONLY the machine that weighs. It's right to have a 'clutch', but its important to have the brake/accelerator, too....but I'm an 'automatic' type of girl...lead, follow, or get out of the way. You can only do this after a lot of private thought and evaluation. Experience, let's call it. If I don't know an answer, and someone else does, you can bet I'll get out of the way, for sure. But if you talk me to death about the answer, in all likelihood, I'll go ahead and try something on my own.

We often discuss things, ad infinitum, on this site. This is good, to a degree. Sometimes, though, after writing a long post, I'll delete it, as it seemed to be more an answer or overview for myself, rather than others. Some posts, I leave alone, thinking maybe it might be nothing more than a different slant on things, as others give to me. But we have to be certain to allow others to know (that) whatever we're thinking, its a personal opinion. Others get to know who we are by our thoughts, in this type of banter. So far, we've done okay with 'Religion', but 'Politics' is something I'm very wary of. For every one of me, there are five of you, for every five of you, there are fifteen of the others, etc. etc. When K. made the comment about others 'making up his mind for him', I thought 'Well, damn. I thought that's why we vote over here, and have the right to go to our Senators, Congressmen with our displeasures.' I thought we HAD the right to voice ourselves, and we go with the majority. So, there is a bottom line on the oceans floor, I think, even if we don't feel there is. I regard right/left campaigning as pontificating. It comes from 35 years of parenting. You cannot pro or con things in real time, or nothing, absolutely nothing, moves. Real time requires thought and action, not one or the other. If you make a mistake, you learn. If you didn't, you learn. There's that life school thing, again. All mistakes cost something, even if they are quiet ones in your heart. MY opinion only.

Don't get me wrong here; K. is one smart man, and he knows (I hope) I respect his knowledge about many things. But like all people I know and love, I don't have to agree with everything, anymore than he has to agree with me. But K, darlin', sometimes you are so adamant in your expressions of your opinions, you give the impression there is no room for any other, and you know best. I don't believe that's how you really feel, though. Soft edges, pal, soft edges.

Hmm. This began with the courage of the police in Iraq. Lets call a spade a spade. Aren't WE glad were not having to do their job? It requires a lot of belief and courage, for sure. No doubt, they've thought about it. I don't know what I'd do, faced with those issues. I will remember them in my prayers...L.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:02 am    Post subject: We the sheeple, do solomnly ba-ah I mean... swear. Reply with quote

LB,

Message received.
As you may have guessed, nothing flames my butt more than not being able to do something about an existing problem that eventually "we" will be responsible for.
The US is suppose to be a republic, governed by the people, for the people. More and more this is less a truth and a fact. I fear by the time this becomes provable or at least obvious it maybe too late to change.

Martin Luther posted his observations on the church door because he felt it was that important for all to know. At the time, the prevailing influence labeled him as a heretic. He did this for the betterment of everyone else, certainly not for himself.

Even in today's market "an (2 grams)ounce of prevention is worth a (half-kilo)pound of cure".

Proactive efforts are always more effective than reactive efforts.

Sorry for the aggressive stance but I was on fire at the time!

K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: