TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Men/Women
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Men/Women Reply with quote

The heading asks 'Are we that different'? I think we are. There's too much mystery, drama, comedy, and confusion for us to be very much alike. If we become the same, wouldn't we be androgynous, and not in need of the other?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: The other sex Reply with quote

lg,

I've posed the same question to my mate but it came out more like "If men and women had a detachable genitals, would we have any use for each other anymore?"

What would it be like?

'Hey hon, I'm going over to Bill's house to watch the game tonight can I take my penis.... oh come on all the other guys are bringing theirs!"

Or men who get divorced might find that their spouse sued them for custody of their penis... nearly garranteeing that neither will ever have another mate.

It could get wild, I'm glad it worked out the way it did with all it's ups and downs.

K
lg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Men/Women Reply with quote

K, you're so funny! Yeah, that's pretty much the idea, I think... So, I wonder why we bitch so much about the opposite sex? Lack of understanding the inevitable choice? I guess we need further education...L.
barbara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we need something to bitch about. And the opposite sex, always seems to be the right thing, because we are so different. I don't think we will ever understand each other.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TimAllen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was a world where there were more than the "two" sexes what would the other be? Lets avoid the obivious for fun.
lg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Men/Women Reply with quote

Now see, I laughed before I even read Tims' response. (In reference to his comedic thoughts) He always comes up with the sublime and ridiculous...

A world with more than two sexes...let's see...with no number limit...hmm...

There could be a gender, sort of like men, but their operational equipment could replace their toes. That way, the women would know the direction this new gender was headed, at any given time. Their shoes, of course, would be sort of like elf shoes, and then the addage about males' feet would really be true. They would always be smiling. There could be an alternative woman, with no back, fronts on each side, since men don't know whether we're coming or going, anyway. One side could be young, one older. That way, men could have the best of both worlds. Then, there could be the respository genders...those that you go to when you need to bitch, or slap, or scream, or whatever, eliminating that nasty problem we have with those things. They'd be like those punching clowns, that won't stay down. Except these would all have beautiful wings, the color denoting their area of expertise...they would be called 'Slappys' and 'Gunners', and such. Possessing gossamer wings, the two existing genders would have to really think about whether or not they want to inflict anything on these mystical creatures, understanding the creatures are the only ones that can be 'done unto'. Everyone else is off-limits. The presence of these repositories would allow a cooling down time. There needs to be a gender of fix-its. No 'tools' except those that hammer, nail, (okay, and screw, but in the polite way), that can fix ANYTHING WITHIN 12 HOURS. New porch? No problem. Broken pipes? Fixed before there's water on the floor. They'd be so hyper-active, they're like a fast forward movie. They would be androgynous out of necessity and never have a butt crack. So, what's that? Four more? Six seems about right.
Canadienne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimAllen wrote:
If there was a world where there were more than the "two" sexes what would the other be? Lets avoid the obivious for fun.

Male, female and threemale? Something like that?

So who gets to be pregnant?

If everybody could just "bud" instead, then anybody could produce offspring and the whole gender thing would become more of a recreational thing, and less of a procreational thing.

Would most couples be threesomes instead? Maybe not a bad idea, since the same two people can easily get sick of each other over time. If one was having a bad day, the other two could still go play.

Also, everybody could take turns babysitting and going out on dates.

Actually sounds like a lot of fun, the more that I think about it....

The only problem is, how would anybody every get married? It's usually hard enough for one human to find one other compatible human to live with. But two? And everybody would have to fall in love at the same time...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: To be or not to be is the question, but not the answer Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, would it really be a better place if humans had no sex at all and procreated by invitro (testube) means?

Would'nt we resemble a bee colony in structure?
Because we can do such a thing even now, does it mean we should?
Would we lose our ability to feel for others?
Bees seem to have no problem kicking out or killing one of their own when they are no longer useful.... hmmm sounds like some humans I know.
In 'hive' ideology positions in the hive are carefully calculated due to their usefulness. Lack of a sex and it hormones would curtail our current behavior problems to an extreme... I hope you'all like Mr. Spock from star trek cause that's what we would act like.

Some job descriptions would be eliminated completely... like politians(parasites anyway), police(redirected to guard duty), healthcare industry(survival of the fittest baby), cosmedic industry(bees can tell the difference between a real queen and a powered up want to be), this is just to name a few.

With all of it's misunderstood and un-understandable aspects I think the plan of two sexes is well thought out and full of purpose.
It is our purpose to understand as much as we can from this design because what we get from it can be obtained in no other way.

Lg,
Yeah, detachable male componets and double breasted women would be fun for an unmeasureable period of time but would'nt there eventually be
a national male lost and found department the size of Rhode Island as a result?
I do agree that double sided women would'nt be anymore confusing to men than they are now, however would'nt men need an extra pair of arms to properly accomidate the new female equipment?
And how many double breasted suits can a woman have without getting bored of that style?

A sexless society would certainly have it's advantages, but knowing what we do know about a sexed society, do the advantages outweigh the disavantages?

Sometimes I think.... I don't know what to think!

K
K.C.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how much we complain about one sex or another, I feel that if we took out the gender facter and kept everything else that makes us human, we STILL would complain.
lg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: response Reply with quote

See, silly me! Tim asked to avoid the obvious, and add another slant to it. I neva, neva said to do without the two we have! We can go on having all this 'fun', while the others take the pressure off of the 'stuff of life'. K., my husband always says he need two more hands, so whats wrong with another few arms?
Now come on, come up with a humorous outlook on this age-old question of like/unlike! I expect it to be funny~L.
Hotrod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, we do have another "species" here on our planet.
Doctors sometimes can't tell the difference between boys and girls when the baby is born...the so called: shemales. Legal files tell that that person can't be categorized as boy or girl.

That's something of another "sex" on our planet, right?
K.C.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to tell you all, I read the responses last night before I went to bed....I had some of the strangest dreams thanks to the visuals Linda had going in my head.

I woke myself up trying not to step on some poor man's toes. I feel out of bed doing it. lol
lg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: new species Reply with quote

K.C., no doubt, if you feel out of bed trying to miss that species toes, he was very popular in the dream, huh?

In reference to 'shemales', ie amorphodites (without form), such has always been a medical anomoly in the history of humans. Still, they are the same species as the rest of us.

Anyone else got a humorous take on what we 'need'?
SB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Genders Reply with quote

How about a spectrum? Putting reproduction aside for the moment, the qualities we asign to males and females are scattered among the biological genders in wildly varying amounts. If we tried to line everyone up by degrees of "maleness" and "femaleness" we would come to realize the two catagories are already pretty messy. It is just a matter of convenience and communication that we refer to two genders, anyway. I bet if I threw out some well-known names, you could all start lining them up in order right away....!

SB
K.C.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: new species Reply with quote

[quote="lg"]K.C., no doubt, if you feel out of bed trying to miss that species toes, he was very popular in the dream, huh?

uote]

I refuse to answer on the grounds I really could almost make myself blush. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: