TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Galaxy Quest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Tim on the Silver Screen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SierraP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: galaxy quest Reply with quote

Very Happy
I hadn't enjoyed a comedy spoof as much as this one, since they released 'Space Balls'.
Actually, I liked this one better. I'm really not just saying that, just because I'm here, on Tim's site, writing about him.

Great comedy flick!
Galaxy Quest.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gaynor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Galaxy Quest Reply with quote

My first post .... eek!
I saw Galaxy Quest for the first time this afternoon on BBC1..... caught it by accident actually, so I missed the first 40 minutes. Not the easiest story to follow when you miss the beginning!! Enjoyed the dry humour.... and the romance - ahh! Didn't realise that was Sigourney Weaver till the end credits - didn't recognise her with hair!!!
GeoffWales

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:59 am    Post subject: Galaxy Quest Reply with quote

I am from Australia.

I was an avid SF (scifi) reader in my teens.

I have never seen an episode of Star Trek.

I just watched GQ again (4th time), and well, it just gets better.

I know it's supposed to have lots of Star Trek in-jokes, but I think the humor transcends mere spoof, into something almost existential and certainly post-modern.

The only other film that I can think of that has that same wonderful attention to detail is Groundhog Day.

I agree that a GQ2 sounds great, but it could be awful, too.

The reason GQ works is why it would be so hard to recaptur the spirit.
dee606

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray Wink I saw galaxy quest again today on TV.
Just ran across it flipping channels. Made my day! Very Happy
peace.
Dee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I think of Galaxy Quest I instantly feel nostalgic. It didn't really come out too long ago when you think about it, but it's one of three movies from when I was younger that I can still watch today and laugh like I've never seen it before. How can a movie with Tim Allen, Alan Rickman, Tony Shaloub, Sam Rockwell, and a blonde Sigourney Weaver be anything but hilarious?

Someone earlier mentioned that this movie never gets old and that makes it a classic...and the only reason I mention this is to say that I cannot agree more. You probably saw that coming, so I could've just said "Needless to say..." and stopped there.

In case you're wondering what the other two movies are that make me feel nostalgic, they are: The Santa Clause and Hook. Sorry to make you wait 2 paragraphs for that.

Galaxy Quest isn't as highly respected of a comedy as it should be, but needless to say...
Rian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops Embarassed ...I just registered and didn't realize I wasn't logged in. I posted that up there ^
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rian. Itīs great to see, how many new people joined in the last few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: "...and it exploded." Reply with quote

I cried when I heard that line for the first time! "Did you say, it turned inside out, and THEN exploded?!?" Daughter saw this movie on a preschool field trip-told us about the 'green monster'. Not knowing, we hurriedly checked it out, and loved it! Got to be one of our top 3 movies of all time.

WHEN will GQ II be coming out? SC III! Can't wait!!!

Thanks for sharing your talents with us, Tim!

Wedge Plissken

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galaxy Quest was just on; such a great intro to Shaggy on the 10th. It is so funny, great.
SLB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:10 am    Post subject: Becoming a Real Boy Reply with quote

Just musing about "Galaxy Quest" and its appeal. Why is it that these stories of pseudo-things becoming genuine things are so captivating? Pinnochio, The Wizard of Oz, Galaxy Quest, etc. Are we all some sort of wannabees at heart and that is why we are so ready to cheer when the puppet becomes a boy, when the Cowardly Lion is ready to step up and "do it for Dorothy!" and when the charlatan space captain/actor saves the day?

Are we all "faking it" in some sense? Do we all hope we will eventually become the real thing? Are we all feeling completely unarmed and facing battles each day, longing for just a small pile of fist-sized rocks or SOMETHING!?

Ah well. Good luck with the battles you face today.

SLB
home_improvement_fan1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: GQ Reply with quote

I just watched GQ for the first time. I thought it was a great movie. GReat movie. In my opinion, I think this is my favorite of all of Tim's movies! And one of my favorite movies of all time!!! Very Happy I thought it was a hilarious movie.

My laughs were:

*when sigourney said "whoever wrote this episode should die!" when they finish going through the chompers.
*when alan rickman has to say "his sentence" at the store opening.
*when they all are teleported to the ship for the first time and are scared and then tony comes a little later and acts like it was no big deal and goes on with tim.
*when they are rolling the berrylum sphere back to the ship and tim goes "never give up never surrender" and they all go oh shut up.
*when they are on their way to get the berrylum sphere and alan rickman goes "are we there yet"?
*all the guy moments.
*when tim is talking to sarris and he gives sigourney the "kill" signal to turn the computer off of sarris but she doesnt and then he realizes she didnt.

Last edited by home_improvement_fan1 on Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Euan Buchan

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the movie on DVD today it's a good film not mad on Sci-Fi but this one was good
Lonnie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Galaxy Quest Reply with quote

Me & my family (wife included :c) ) all LOVE the show. It's watched literally at least 1 time per week & laugh everytime. I know it's probably not going to happen, but would love a sequel.

Looking doubly (or should I say 'tripoly<sp>') forward to the Santa Clause 3!
Euan Buchan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galexy Quest was on TV here on UK Gold +1 on Saturday I didn't watch all of it as I was waiting for a programme to start but watched it till my programme started.
kat_button

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched it on sat it just gets funnier every time i watch it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Tim on the Silver Screen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: