TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Galaxy Quest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Tim on the Silver Screen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Writer16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.C. You're right...

All you need is a story worth doing, and it could be really fabulous.
I can only imagine what it'd be about... This flim is one of my favorite comedies Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
clearvision

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: Galaxy Quest.....LINE! Reply with quote

sportbear wrote:
I loved it too. I have seen it many many times.

LOVE this movie...it is the "get well" movie. If someone in our family gets sick, we pop in Galaxy Quest! Seriously you need to try this...the kids swear by it Smile

Our Favorite Laugh Moments:

* The 1982 version of Tim (what a riot....did we really look like that?!)
*Almost all of the "Guy" moments.
* "Quick, before one of these things kills Guy"
* Brandon's excitement (and cracking voice) when he finds out it's all real...this is my kids favorite!
* I could go on, but for the last one it would be Tim in the GORGEOUS house talking to the aliens, "Let me get some pants on" and the look on his face...a real hoot!

...we also like Richer or Poorer.
SB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Galaxy Quest 2 Reply with quote

I think we have to get Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis to work on a script.

NB: Other great movies for sick day/snow day: Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II. (Maybe one or two racy moments for young children, though.) (But such FUN movies!)

SB
clearvision

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Galaxy Quest 2 Reply with quote

SB wrote:
I think we have to get Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis to work on a script.

NB: Other great movies for sick day/snow day: Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II. (Maybe one or two racy moments for young children, though.) (But such FUN movies!)

SB

True - Dan Akroyd & HR would be great...although I have a warm place for Dan in Ghostbusters...he looks just like my brother...and not just a little! Smile
I am new to this forum, but I bet there is somewhere that discusses how much of GQ was Tim's inspiration. DVD Galaxy Quest with behind the scenes is on my wish list. I find myself saying, "Man, that was good...who thought of that?"
Growler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to the Chompers I love the line

Why are they here? what purpose do they serve?

N
meridian1957

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Classic Reply with quote

What makes a movie a classic is that you can watch it time and again, like listening to good music. GQ is definitly a classic. My husband and I own it and love it.

One of my favorite bits was when Tim Allen is transported back to his home and is standing quaking and gasping by his pool, while the hose at the bottom of the pool makes it's lazy, mundane curves as if nothing had happened. That always makes me laugh.

It may have been a Star Trek spoof, but one of the things that made the movie was the transformation everyone went through. The events of the movie empowered them all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Galaxy Quest Reply with quote

Clearvision said it is a great movie for when you are sick. Correct. Tonight I was watching it while resting from bronchitis and a bit of pneumonia. Putting GQ on started me laughing . . . that helped!

The layers in the movie and attention to detail are great. Favorite scenes are numerous. Adding to some already mentioned how about Tommy falling down after his unique transport and Guy fainting when the enemy shows up. Good mention about the house scene and, "Why are there chompers?"

The movie was very well crafted. Tim, if another one can be done that well I would look forward to seeing it.

Thanks,

Feeling Better

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Galaxy Quest Reply with quote

Thank you again--Feeling Better is feeling even better. GQ still helps but finally saw Big Trouble last Saturday, that worked out quite well! Unfortunately, missed radio talk show? Oh darn.

Feeling Better
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galaxy Quest is extremely dear to me for a few reasons, most of them personal. The first, of course, is that it's so funny, and so well done. It's something that one enjoys from start to finish.

There are others, too. For one, I often attend "Chiller Theatre" conventions with my dad. For those of you who don't know, "Chiller Theatre" focuses on horror and science fiction films; different stars show up to sign autographs and chat, vendors sell hard-to-find movies and memorabilia, and others have exhibits from already-released and soon-to-be released films. It's held twice a year at the Meadowlands Sheraton in New Jersey; for details, check out www.chillertheatre.com.

The biggest reason for me, I think, is that this was the last film I watched with my dear friend Bradd, may he rest in peace. Crying or Very sad He died four years ago of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a form of cancer, at the age of 32. I will never forget watching GQ on the video monitor in his room, where he was in semi-isolation, both of us laughing so hard that the nurse came running in to see what was going on. As much as the film itself makes me smile, it also makes me smile to remember him.

Last edited by Jeanie821 on Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
K.C.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a sweet and sad story. Thank you for sharing that.
K.C.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what i would like, is using the same cast but a different film. I really enjoyed how the whole bunch of them related to each other.
barbara

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galaxy Quest is on Tv tonight, on TBS
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hot man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: yummy Reply with quote

I wish you would do full frontal nudity in a flick!!!!
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look, I love Tim as much as the rest of you ladies - but wasn't the Speedo scene in Christmas With the Kranks enough? Shocked I mean, the poor guy doesn't need to do the equivalent of a skin flick!
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought GQ 3 days ago and I have already seen it twice. My favourite scene is, where they have to open the store and Alan Rickman has to say "his sentence" again. The look on his face - PRICELESS!

Even though I am not so much into that "merchandising stuff" I must say I would kill for the torn black T-Shirt Tim was wearing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Tim on the Silver Screen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: