TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Galaxy Quest
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Tim on the Silver Screen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Harvey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Galaxy Quest Reply with quote

Cool Hi All!

I watched GQ the other night for about the 4-5th time and I saw some things I missed the first time and they are cool!

When the Crew is beamed to the star port for the first time and Tim is waiting there for them, they are all in shock and speechless, then Tony S. beams in late and looks around and goes, "Cool.", and walks with Tim as if nothing is wrong. That was a great scene!

Gotta go.

Cool Rob
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K.C.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Rob, I don't think there is one thing I don't like about that film. And that is one of my favorite scenes.
Writer16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it is...I also liked Sigorney Weaver's line, when they jump the fire, I believe, "Whoever wrote this episode should die!"

Or the Omega 13...

Thanks Rob, get me started... Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rachael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that movie! Very Happy

Laughing Rachael
sportbear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it too. I have seen it many many times.
Theosdoren

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Galaxy Quest Reply with quote

I think that Galaxy Quest would make a great TV Sci-fi/comedy program.
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my all respect for Mr. Tim Allen, I think something is going wrong with the people working with or for him. I mean that maybe his movies have not the same promotion that other actors have for their movies. Am I wrong? He is a great artist, but sometimes that is not enough. You have to promote your work.

Come on, Tim!!
Guy Fleegman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: "That's not RIGHT" Reply with quote

nm
achristmasstory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely one of my all time favorite movies!
saraware

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: A Great GQ Memory Reply with quote

I saw GQ in a Dallas multiplex, well into its run. We were in this tiny screening room, my hubby and I, and about a dozen Latinos in various groups of three or four. Well I've been to a sci-fi fest with my kids and caught the irony in just about every line in the movie. I was practically rolling in the aisle, but aside from a few giggles from the hubster (a UNIX guru), all else was silence. The Latinos kept looking back and staring at me, but there I am snorting and holding my sides because Sigorney Weaver from Alien is the "blonde bimbo," Alan Rickman's character never takes off his stupid makeup even at home with a beer in his hand, Sam Rockwell is the classic Red Shirt (the Guy Who Gets Killed in Scene II), Tony Shaloub never ceased to be funny, and to top it all off these teenagers who take themselves way too seriously actually have entire floors of the ship mapped out on their computers or know the sequence of the chompers or what the Omega 3 really does. TOO FUNNY! Oh, it was hilarious, no less so because the others in the theater were giving me these deadpan looks. I have to say it's a movie outing I'll never forget. A not-so-close second would be "What Planet Are You From?"
TimAllen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: GQ Reply with quote

I loved doing this movie and am so frustrated at not doing another
TA
saraware

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: GQ3--Why? Reply with quote

Oh, I don't think it's so important to always follow up something that works with "another". Besides, the point was to ridicule overtly serious sci-fi fans, and that mission was accomplished. Adding to the further adventures of the fake space crew would just be a TD for the opposing side.

IMHO, anyway.
saraware

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: GQ2, I Mean Reply with quote

Fending on the laser blasts now with a retraction. Title of previous should have been "GQ2--Why??"
K.C.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it should be "Why" it should be "Why not?" I mean there is soooo much you could do with that old gang of GQ crew. And unlike a lot of sencond films you would not have just redo the first film. It could be GREAT! Of course that is just me ranting again.
Mariaarcondo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Why do you think that the world goes around you?.
"No. I do not think why. I ask, why not?

Tim and Jill conversation (more or less), on Home Improvement.

Tim, you are the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Tim on the Silver Screen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: