TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

big questions...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Really Big Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychictv23

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Tim. Before I launch into my diatribe concerning the questions you posed, I must thank you for inadvertently reawakening my interest in deep spirituality, particularly the implications of Quantum Mechanics. Last November, I was about to fly home to NM from a visit to my parents in Jersey and realizing that I had nothing to read for the return flight, my dad gathered up a bunch of (mostly lame) books for me to choose from, but one of them was your "I'm Not Really Here". I figured, "Hey, Tim Allen's cool and this should pass the time". I never expected to read such a fascinating and entertaining discourse on such weighty subjects (forgive me if that was stereotyping you as an author!). A few years earlier, I had started a book called The Self-Aware Universe by Amit Goswami, a physicist who extended the ideas of quantum physics into the realm of spirituality in what he called "Quantum Idealism" (not much different than a lot of the Eastern philosophy I regularly absorb, but more scientific, of course). Reading your book caused me to return to that one and polish it off, along with Tao of Physics, Dancing Wu-Li Masters, Taking The Quantum Leap, The Book, Game of God, Quantum Reality, Quantum Psychology, ad nauseum.

But the simple answer to almost all of your questions, in my humble opinion, is our ego's resistance to change, feeling that the status quo equals comfort (even when what we do over and over seems alarmingly uncomfortable). This is why Eastern philosophy is so monomaniacal about repetitively drilling the idea of impermanence into its adherents. Don't get me wrong: I'm not even close to having "realized" this in a day-to-day sense yet, but increasingly, I can see that if I can relax into fear, discomfort, the unfamiliar and the unknown, at first it's terrifying, but sooner or later, it brings serenity. There truly is no "ground" to stand on. Everything I hold dear: family, friends, my job, my possessions...all are impermanent, as am I. So I think it's a matter of a paradigm shift. Realizing that all of these things (and us) are all going to disintegrate, die, evaporate, etc. is admittedly a terrifying thing to contemplate. But on the other hand, couldn't it give us all the more reason to appreciate these things fully? If my "stuff" were eternal, I don't think I'd cherish it very much. Same goes for my life and the lives of those I love. There is a bigger plan, but I don't think the human animal is smart enough to even begin to understand it: so we theorize, philosophize, or just bury our heads in the sand. In my opinion, that's a lot of wasted time wherein we could be enjoying our impermanent lives, families, friends and stuff. Thanks for being an unlikely inspiration and don't be so hard on yourself: every one of us -- even the wisest "seeming" person you've ever met -- continue to perform the same stupid crap day after day after day. It's a hard habit to break. But it is, ultimately, breakable. I do believe that we, as humans, have the ability to relax into and accept things exactly as they are.
Roscoe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Life is about Conflict Reply with quote

and conflict creates...

Choices

Choices create...

Consequences.

Consequences create...

Accountability. (Lefties/Secularists have a real problem with this part)

Accountability creates...

Conflict. (apply, lather, rinse, repeat)
enticy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Why do find myself doing the same stupid %*&@!# over and over again?

>> your long term memory is more in control of your head than your short term memory is, that is fixable

-What are the internal blocks which prevent me from really doing unto others as I would have them do unto me?

>> your long term memory is more in control of your head than your short term memory is, that is fixable

-What keeps me struggling with judging others?

-What clouds my vision to the needs of those less fortunate?

-What has me in a valley of fear, in its various incantations, most the day?

-What are these blocks to living in sync with the path I know, I feel, I sense is the truth?

the fix is engaging short term memory to control long term memory, if humans would do that all of the reactionary problems we face would stop.. long term reacts, short term pro-acts... its the difference between auto-response and contemplative action.. and it is fixable... there are exercises you can do (not funky stuff) that separate short and long term and require short term to perform correctly, practice those and short term begins to take more control.. your short term memory is only around 7 seconds in duration but without it, you would not have self awareness... the simple existence of short term feeding long term makes for the concept of self... feeding the retained and supported concept of self increases self awareness , it emerges normally between 4 and 8 years of age but today many people lack even the most fundamental degree of self awareness ...

your life can change without drugs, without therapy and without hocus pocus... all you have to do is want it bad enough and just like quitting smoking.. it can only be truly done by doing nothing else.

be well
ngolden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: big questions... Reply with quote

TimAllen wrote:

Actually, all of the questions posed can be encapsulated in the first one...it is the universal struggle of being human I think. I love what super Saint Paul says in Romans, because it points to the fact that if even super number one Christian dude Paul struggles with it - you can bet we will...it is simply part of the human condition, unpleasant as it may be. Hopefully we get better at it as time goes on...

Romans 7:15-24,

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?"

Fortunately he also points out the solution in verse 25 -
"Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
totalrelism

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: big questions... Reply with quote

TimAllen wrote:

-What are the internal blocks which prevent me from really doing unto others as I would have them do unto me?

-What keeps me struggling with judging others?

-What clouds my vision to the needs of those less fortunate?

-What has me in a valley of fear, in its various incantations, most the day?

-What are these blocks to living in sync with the path I know, I feel, I sense is the truth?

WOW, Tim i hope you get this i would love to talk on these more if you wish. Understand i am coming from a biblical Christianity worldview.

1-2- Jesus gave that as the one great commandment, but the answer would be sin. All men are sinners.

Quote:
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"
Romans 3.23

You sound maybe like Paul [ me as well] in Romans 7

Quote:
For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

We are all fallen humans beings with free will. Sin is in all of us and we all fail.

3- I would say likely we are all morale creatures created by a morale god and we all know there is right and wrong, good and evil. So if we see on TV a man killing Innocent people we know something is wrong and we judge there actions as wrong.

4- Greed,sin maybe?. All people are in our own nature selfish and look out for number one. I call myself christian but fail to be Christ like. That should show our need for a savior [ see Galatians 3 21-25].

5- I would first say there is much to fear in our world, it can be a wicked world out there. But just don't let fear overcome you.

Quote:
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear
1 john 4.18

Quote:
though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;For You are with me

psalm 23

5- It seems to me you have a knowledge or relationship with god regardless of your thoughts.

Quote:

13 For the hearers of the law are not righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous. 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men
Romans 2 13-16

I would say the block is sin, the way to fix that is Jesus. I would love nothing more than to talk more on this, hope to hear from you.
robert lalum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: MY THOUGHTS Reply with quote

#1 ANSWER :WE'RE HUMAN TOO GET USED TO IT.
#2 ANSWER: TRUST- SOME TAKE BECAUSE THEY CAN, SOME TAKE BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE ITS OWED TO THEM, SOME TAKE BECAUSE THIER LAZY, VERY FEW TAKE BECAUSE THEY CANT HELP THEMSELVES. SO IF YOU GIVE ITS BECUASE YOUR TOLD TO AT THAT MOMENT.
#3 ANSWER: JUDGE FINE, CONDEMNATION NO FINE
#4 ANSWER: but, you can't teach a dog a trick if they're beggin for the treat and refuse to listen.
#5 ANSWER: TO FEAR IS GOOD, TO FEAR EVIL IS NOT
#6 ANSWER: THE SYNC IS FILLED BY PONDER N THE REST IS HISTORY
#7 ANSWER: 6 DAYS TO CREATE THIS ONE YOU REST
phillip j why

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Really Big Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: