TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

big questions...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Really Big Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: response to KatL Reply with quote

Hi, Kat L,
I've been pondering your post, trying to understand the whys and wherefores of things...I don't think I can do that with this one, as I don't believe I have all of the information. That is to say, I cannot stand as judge or jury due to my limited knowledge of things.

When I wrote that paragraph about 'shooting star', then reread it, I started to delete it; we all know shooting stars are on their way to burn out. For some reason, I decided to leave it in. For me, there may have been an underlying reason I chose those words; in other words, perhaps the universal consciousness knew something I certainly did not.

I'm glad you are holding up to the circumstances. I believe when the old saying "God never gives us more than we can handle" is appropo, it means we are prepared to face the next step of our souls' maturing...that we may believe we can't take anymore, but that it is known that next step is necessary to our karma, our growth...in the same way a teacher promotes us to the next grade level, of which we know nothing until we experience it. We can grow or we can stand static. That choice, or free will, is ours.

Ah, Surrender. Again, what a major piece of Lifes' Lesson Plan. I am thinking of you.
lg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: response Reply with quote

AncientHart,
I found your post most interesting, because for me, things are exactly the opposite. When I am in a questioning mode, I have been removed from the everyday life and living energy, and am in my 'pondering' space. When I return to daily Life, I find the answers to the questions that arose. So that caused me to think about the mirrored images we deal with in Life...shadow and light, left and right, up and down, ad infinitum.

Today, I am thinking this type of response...your removal from, my return to...is a balance in living. As John Denver said in 'Perhaps Love': Some say love is holding on, some say letting go. Some say love is everywhere and some say they don't know.
I suppose its the rhythm of our personal music to which we dance that creates our fulfillment...and happiness lies in whether or not we're 'in step' to our own music. Who's to say what rhythm anothers' heartbeat must take? Then again, I would venture to guess there are a limited number of rhythms, each creating a 'brotherhood' of sorts. What do you think?
AncientHart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lg, I wonder how much of it is a result of early upbringing?

I was born on a dairy farm in rural Australia. I did well in school, and now in a fairly intellectual career as a professional science teacher - a job that is far removed from the types of things I did as a kid, and the types of surroundings.

Who knows. Maybe it's more about getting in contact with our origins. I do know that I'm most happy when I can grab some water, a walking stick and just head off to a mountain or a beach. Some of the best memories I have come from little quests like this.

The best was when I was walking along a beach in Northern Queensland. I got to watch a sunset, saw a pair of sea-eagles take flight, a dolphin and her calf swim by, and a full moon rise, all in less than an hour.
*sighs happily*
lg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: response Reply with quote

Hmm. I don't think mine is about origins; at least, not earthly ones. A return to self may, indeed, be the impetus, but I think its beyond the earthly coils of our Selves.
Kathy23061

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: big questions... Reply with quote

Quantum Physics lead me to this site. I typed Quantum Physics on Google.com images and Tim Allen came on the screen.

You ask and you receive...The Answer to your questions are in the book:
EXCUSE ME YOUR LIFE IS WAITING...by Lynn Grabhorn.

I read Beyond the 12 steps which lead to to next book which was a New York Best seller the book I just referenced.

I just started and it answers all he questions you just posed. A clue is You are the common denominator. The solution is inside of you. Change how you feel and it changes your vibrationary field. Once that changes you draw new things to you.

The same thing keeps happening change what you are feeling and change your life. A must read.
Kathy

-Why do find myself doing the same stupid %*&@!# over and over again?

-What are the internal blocks which prevent me from really doing unto others as I would have them do unto me?

-What keeps me struggling with judging others?

-What clouds my vision to the needs of those less fortunate?

-What has me in a valley of fear, in its various incantations, most the day?

-What are these blocks to living in sync with the path I know, I feel, I sense is the truth?
sassylassy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: The answers are already there Reply with quote

Tim answered his own questions.

Fear keeps us from reaching out to others.
Fear keeps us locked in the prison of doing the same stupid $#@!*% over and over again.
Fear is what makes us judge others.
Fear is what holds us back.

But knowing the answer to these questions is not enough. How does one conquer fear?

Fear is a deeply-rooted human instinct. It's there to protect us. But there are some words that we, as humans, can make part of our daily mantra to help us jump over our fears:

Ninety percent of the things we fear never happen.
    You can control your actions regardless of your feelings.
    Realize, that, inside you, are millions of years of development. There is a "Higher You" that you can always trust. The Higher You is the combination of many generations that came before you. The loud screaming voice in your head is the voice of only a few decades of experience. Do you listen to the wise teacher, or the screaming child?

The choice is yours. Everyone needs a bit of faith in order to conquer fear. Some people look for it in a religion. Some look to other people to give them guidance. But it's my firm belief that we all have a guidance system that is built in, and if we could just learn to trust it, we would conquer most of our fears.
AncientHart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply to lg Reply with quote

lg, I think you're right on the money when you talk about connecting to something larger/beyond our sense of self.

In my particular case, the "thing bigger than myself" that I like to connect to is the universe. Which is why I like big open spaces -> mountains, oceans, etc. Though I must admit deserts don't really hold as much fascination for me. Maybe I haven't given them a chance yet. Very Happy

My particular spiritual background is strongly focused by asian martial arts - especially the ki (universal energy) arts, though even as a kid, I often felt a strong sense of physical connection to beautiful places.
lg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: response Reply with quote

Yes, AH, beautiful spaces cannot help but inspire life energy, but as you say, not all of them are as inspirational as others (desert).

Not once in my life have I ever felt the 'AHH' of "home". Not even here where I've lived for 30 years. I envy people who 'know' they are home, are drawn there by instinctual knowledge. 'Home' and 'fear'...the higher levels of those things...have great bearing, I think, on the questions we ask.
Jan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: The Big Questions Reply with quote

Why do find myself doing the same stupid %*&@!# over and over again?

-What are the internal blocks which prevent me from really doing unto others as I would have them do unto me?

-What are these blocks to living in sync with the path I know, I feel, I sense is the truth?

While I read and ponder the great questions on faith and God’s plan- deciding on His motives, on His view of free will and cause and effect, whether He is a Her- I am now sure I am avoiding the real deal.

Its easy to feel important while I get too lost in the questions “out there.” The only world I have any say in is the reactive one centered in me. I want to gather the strength to work the real business “in here.”

Being a celeberty you are in a unique place in our society. Too many people want a part of you, usually for their own self advancement. Some just want to see how much they can get out of you. Others, though well intentioned, can be incredable pests, or simply approach you at an inoportune moment. How can you tell who to be friends with and who to take a hike? For you, seperating the chaff from the wheat can be an almost impossible task.
You've learned to judge people by behavior you've experienced in the past. Its something we all do. I used to make instant judgments about people; usually to find out later I was totally wrong. i now just reserve any judgement until I can get to know the person (if its personal) and in social settings, if you don't want to keep pulling your foot out of your mouth, keep it shut. I was always too free with my opinions on everyone and everything. Now, if I don't know any real facts, I follow Tim Taylor's advice reguarding his in-laws "I have no opinion."
If I help an old lady across the street or donate a little extra to a charity, nobody cares. You do it and your picture would probably wind up on the front page of the Enquirer, with some banner headline questioning your motives.
And don't let your ego get in the way. You know where you came from; all the crap you had to go through growing up. Don't start believing the hype. You're a decient, intelligent man who's come a long way. Don't forget your roots.
Accept who you are, warts and all, as they say. Once you can do this you'll find the barriers to your living in sync vanish. You're who you are. Made mistakes in life like everyone else. But you don't have to continually beat yourself up over them. If rectifying a situation that's bothering you requires you to eat some crow, then so what? Do what you know is right - to hell with anything else. And don't let others, disuade you, even if their motives are good.
Make amends for any past mistakes, if you can. Just telling someone "I really appreaciated you being there for me during those difficult times" can do a lot.
I have no questions about faith. I know what's out there. God (and I don't like using this term because its been so over used) is not a person, place or thing. Its unconditional love. And unless you've experienced this overwhelming sensation, any words I use to describe it will be inadiquate.
Its our spirit that's alive; once the body's dead, its just an empty husk. I believe our spirit is "recycled" so to speak with a new birth and in that manner it lives forever.
It matters how we live our lives; reguardless of what some religious doctrine preaches. Heaven and Hell are of our own making right here on earth.

jlb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: who are we and were are we going Reply with quote

i believe life is the question that we want to find the answers to. the bible with all its human history and devine wisdom shows there is a great deal of things that went on to bring us here. but its a drop of water in a very big ocean compared to what is in store. we all proficy a little, but not knowing the future keeps us on edge because of the emortal feelings we cant escape. The Great Spirit is seeking our love and proving to be worthy is an everday strugle. Learning more everyday is the key to understanding what a wonderfull thing is realy going on and how lucky we are to take part. we are looked at as the human family, all we were asked was to be fruitfull and multiply. we humans are responsible for the sorrow's that happen to our world, we are given the tools to make it a better place if we choose. as the profit John Lennon said " all you need is love" its a wonderfull world!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the driving force of humans is self-interest. If God considered us able of living upto his standard he would just give us a set of rules to obey. But the fact that we need a Saviour suggests that we are unable to help ourselves with our problem of self-centredness. God does not hate us for this - he understands our situation and wants to help us. Until we return into God's direct presence (at the Second Coming of Christ) we will sadly have to struggle with ourselves continually - not understanding why we do the things we don't want to do, and why we don't do the things we want to do. We seem to be self-enslaved... and this is imposible to explain... if we were able to understand it and explain we would be able to help ourselves and would not need a Saviour; would not need God.
TimO'Connor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: big questions... Reply with quote

TimAllen wrote:
...The fundamental questions that lead to larger questions which eventually lead me down a path to big beautiful empty fields...

Thats how I find it - removing theoretical eye-patches helps me feel free to explore whatever my fate will bring...

TimAllen wrote:
-Why do I find myself doing the same stupid %*&@!# over and over again?

You don't do what you desire - this is fate - to change this so that you can
is also fate - what you need is an alignment of something with respect to your experience that can be reckoned to engender this capacity in you. In other words the 'help' of another being.

TimAllen wrote:

Perhaps, speaking from my experience, you need greater PERSPECTIVE of how other beings' receive your actions so as to know how what you do is effecting them so that you can see how to act towards them so that it is LIKE how you would like to be dealt experiences from others. This is a very relationally rich experience in life that involves more than few words to detail the learning therein. The solution of the Law is to love your neighbour AS yourself - to the same degree. Jesus challenged people that they might go further - to love others by emptying your self in their interests - to love others more than your self - to make temporary sacrifices for worthwhile rewards in heaven. . .
As to breaking down internal barriers to following the golden rule - Jesus said that he who loves his soul in this life will lose it but he who destroys it in a good cause preserves it into the better life to come....

TimAllen wrote:

you -others.... your presumably temporary inabilities/weaknesses to distractions and low priorities....

part of your fate....

Good luck! I like your honesty and way of facing the big questions....
TimO'Connor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: big questions... Reply with quote

TimAllen wrote:

essentially the name for it is deception/distraction - either within or forcing you from outside . . . entrapment to rebel against authoritative truth either defined by Truth as God or your ability to align yourself with it . . . .

TimAllen wrote:
While I read and ponder the great questions on faith and God’s plan- deciding on His motives, on His view of free will and cause and effect, whether He is a Her- I am now sure I am avoiding the real deal.

Its easy to feel important while I get too lost in the questions “out there.” The only world I have any say in is the reactive one centered in me. I want to gather the strength to work the real business “in here.”

Those things you call 'out there' - if you have any imagination of them within you - they are then 'in here' too. Perhaps you should ask, 'Why should His motives seem distant', 'Why should His view of cause and effect and free will seem distant', 'Surely His gender - fixed or changing can seem relevant in here'. Perhaps this is what you are asking? - For strength to bring things that are distant (irrelevant?) closer in ? . . . .

One solution is that by extending your self outwards towards these distant things you can then possibly receive them back inwardly - Turning your self inside-out is pretty much what denying your self means - the rewards are definitely (from my experience) that distant things you find interesting eventually begin to come home to roost inside you - becoming relevant to the activities of your inner/outer boundary zone. As JC said you are the light of the world so let it shine out, you are the salt of the earth so stay salty or useful to others . . . .

Oh, and I believe God experiences all of eternity's history and therefore experiences being male AND female simultaneously throughout history. Shocked . . . . . . .
kuhmatthew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Jesus is the way to go Reply with quote

Some of tims questions can easily be answered. I have had doubts myself but i just prayed and read the BIBLE. After a while stuff began to clear up. I thing that has really helped me is in the BIBLE it says "I can do all things through CHRIST who strenghtens me." Shaun Alexander has used PSALMS 37:4 as a way to tell why he is where he is. PSALMS 37:4 says "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you your hearts desires." Shaun said when he was younger him and his brother Duran would lay in bed at night and talk about their futures. Shaun always said that he wanted to be a pro football player. When you've got problems or doubts just pray and read the BIBLE and GOD will lead you where he wants you, and you have just got to patience. If you don't GOD can't take you where you want just look at these people that have put their faith in GOD. Albert Pujols, Curtis Martin, Mr. T, Denzel Washington, and Yogi Berra.
Improvguy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What keeps me asking questions over and over again as to why I transgress over and over again? Maybe we don't like the answers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Really Big Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: