TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Your Artwork

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Your Artwork Reply with quote

Mr. Allen (or admin staff),

The work of art posted on your website (www.timallen.com/interests/art.php) begs for interpretation, or at least some context so viewers can draw their own conclusions.

I don't see a signature or date. When was it created?
What medium did you use (the gradients look digital...)?
What exactly, are we looking at?
How long did this take you to create?
Is this picture a "stand alone" or is it part of a theme you've been developing...

Thanks.
lg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: art Reply with quote

I don't want to write my interpretations, until I have some input. It's certainly well done and interesting, and I, too, would like some direction, in terms of context. Thanks.
K.C.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself staring at it, and my mind wonders as I look at it; which means I just know I kind o flike it.
TimAllen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The work of art posted on your website (www.timallen.com/interests/art.php) begs for interpretation, or at least some context so viewers can draw their own conclusions.

I am not sure I agree..but in the interest of progression.....
Quote:
I don't see a signature or date. When was it created?

It was in one of my original sketchbooks which was in my second year at Western Michigan University..hmmm lets say early 80's
Quote:
What medium did you use (the gradients look digital...)?

Most of my work starts in a sketchbook with pen or radiograph pens. I address each sketch as a new piece or all as a process. I later copy the original to other mediums then paint or paste or in this case scan to Photoshop and add elements digitally...so there you have it....good eye.
Quote:
What exactly, are we looking at?

I draw and add elements as a process of creation. It's more about mind and heart combined.
Quote:
How long did this take you to create?

Started in the 80's and it's still in process. This, you see, is one of a series in this arena within the mouth and the car on the tongue. The remaining pencil marks in he background I still find so, if I may say, fascinating...what is in the background is more intriguing than what's in front of my eyes.
Quote:
Is this picture a "stand alone" or is it part of a theme you've been developing...
Always part of something else

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Allen,

Thank you for your response. I will revisit your work with your words in mind.

Speaking of your words...
"...what is in the background is more intriguing than what's in front of my eyes."

How true! It's often "behind the scenes" that the "real" story gets told. Are you familiar with the artwork of Mark Lombardi?

Thanks again, and hope to see more of your art.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Tim's art Reply with quote

I would like to see more of Tim's art. By the way, I was wondering if you can post pics on here, and if you have to be a registered member to do so. Cool
adminette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Eventually we will have more of Tim's artwork on the site. We will keep adding stuff in all areas of the site.
Here's how to post a photo:

1) click on the img tag
2)write or paste the link of your photo
3) click the img tag again (it will close it)
4)submit

~Adminette
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at your artwork and would like to know, what is the hand is holding? A tool or steering wheel?
Whenever I look into the backdrop I can't get the duck image out of my head.
Overall, it's a nice piece of work. Makes me think I'm looking out a window. Also has a tense feeling to it.
It provokes an emotion and I like that in art.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a digital pic of a picture I drew of Tim.

jmralls2001 (guest)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: My drawing of Tim Allen (in the above message) Reply with quote

By the way, you can see more of my artwork at www.geocities.com/jmralls2001. I'm planning on adding the Tim Allen drawing (posted in the message right above this one) to my art site.
Rachael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picture!

Laughing Rachael
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: