TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Shooting a movie

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- HI, Movies, & Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Harvey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Shooting a movie Reply with quote

Cool Hi ya, Tim.

What is a typical day for you on a movie set? Do you have weird hours or does it depend on the shooting schedule? Is this usually how a movie is made according to the actors? I figure the movie is not shot in sequence but in availability of: sound stages, actors, directors, local location availability, etc.

Just curious how you actors pull off the "magic" that is a Movie.

Oh, do you have any say on the creativity of the movie or are you just suppose to supply the character you were contracted for?

Later,

Rob Cool

ps. I probably should watch "discovery channel" on how movies are made rather than bother you. Sorry. Embarassed

R
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SierraP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that same vein, my fascination/intrigue with motion pictures is the actor's/actresses's on- screen gestures. Probably started during the silent film era. Is the motion picture body language used to keep the actor/actress focused on their scene, just a mechanical way of doing scenes, or are they really conveying non-verbal expressions and statements to the audience? Even the slightest on screen body movement in front of the camera supposedly 'means', or conveys something.

It's pretty much an off topic interest that Question I've always been curious about it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TimAllen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My movie workday begins at whatever call time the production needs- sometimes 6am (or 3am if I am Santa, make-up and all that). We usually work six-day weeks, 12-hour days. The crew works at a fanatic pace while the artist spends much of his time waiting to work. I have never shot in sequence. The schedule is designed to make best use of weather and location and all the availabilities of many related departments.
It is a real circus on a set, so much happening all the time, and yet long periods of setting up and waiting.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- HI, Movies, & Books All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: