TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Dating
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Writer16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Katie,thanks for the correction.

But only if you stay in a hotel. Hostels don't cut it...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sportbear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone from work is trying to set me up. I have actually been hoping the subject would have been dropped but apparantly it has not. She was in another classroom today and when I saw her, I just kept it brief ( luckily I was busy anyway )...didn't want the subject to come up. I have told her many times I would rather be single.
Writer16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you a teacher? ANd what grade if so?

If your colleague won't leave you alone and you ARE a teacher, during classtime, maybe blow her off if you can't deal with it right then and like, motion to the kids and say something like "At the moment, their minds and futures are more on my mind then dating so and so." If they still won't take the massage, I really hate to say this, but just blow up. Not at school, but maybe if you invite them to dinner, or take a walk in a secluded area where no one will here you? Just let it all out. Also what I've found works is grab an arm, or make eye contact and hold it, then say firmly "No. I AM NOT going out with so and so." It sounds crazy and rude and it probably is, but it works for me.

~N.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sportbear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am a teacher. I work with way little ones. In the setting I work in, many teachers float in and out to the rooms depending on the needs, so many times, this staff is in my classroom because of the need. With this setting, we spend all day in the classrooms basically, except for our break and occasinal "potty time". There is no place to talk, the walls have eyes and ears. I think it has honestly become a joke to the staff to see who can get a guy for me. I am always hearing you should have a boyfriend. ( I am quiet at work and I do my job, I don't talk much about my life outside of work )
Writer16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like me, minus however mny years older you are. Seriously, if it has become a joke or a contest, maybe to a girls night out on Friday or something for everyone. Go down to a quiet little resturant and maybe tell them you're tired of it, or pull the one you're closest to aside, as in, outside maybe one day for a minute or two, or during potty break, and tell them to lay off. For a while I had a "Boyfriend" and that might work for now. Or you could talk to the guy during a break and concoct a plan together...or are they only bugging you?
sportbear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea. However, most of my friends are also single, except for one who recently just got married. The staff said the guy wants my phone number. I told her, I am not a phone person, e-mail yes, phone, no way. So we will see the next chapter. What a drama. They all think I should be miserable because it has been a long time since I have been with a guy. I like to just do my own thing. This whole guy thing, I have not had the best of luck, and has been way too stressful.
Writer16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay then, horrible, maybe, but then...how good of an actress are you?

Say it's the end of the day, someone comes up to bug you, or worse, ALL of them come up to bug you together. Just gather your things and start to leave, and hold up your hand for silence, then deliever some line about how they should start worrying about their own love lives.

Ex: Ladies, I think it's high time you started worrying about your own lives.

OR

Girls, I have a life, quit trying to screw it up, okay?

That would hopefully leave them speechless for the time being, but are also very catty. Another, which, I don't know if you could use, but works for me most of the time, is tell them thanks, but no thanks, your heart already belongs to someone, then name some actor.

My line is---
"Casey, thanks, but you know my heart belongs to Eric LLoyd. Maybe when he gets married, but for now, I'm taken."

Or course, you've got to act pretty naive when you deliver this...really good actress, no cracking up. Pick someone attractive, that you could have a fairy tale chance with, preferably an actor they know, and one that you like their work, or whos character you've fallen for. Go on their websites, find out their favorite things, then during a conversation about your love life, say something like-
My line again, sorry Wink ---

"Oh, that reminds me! Did you know that Eric and I both LOVE Pirates of the Caribbean? And his favorite foods are chinese and pizza, and MINE are chinese and pizza? Isn't it just in the stars?"

Of course, teen girl world and the REAL world are quite different, but it's worth a try.

Another would be to try "I saw this guy, and he was pretty cute, but I saw him ________, in the ________ department. We talked a bit, and, I think I might like him a lot, so, I'm gonna try and find him again, okay?"

Then when they bring up the guy they want, then bring up the ____ dept. guy and how you may have seen him in his car, then change the subject. Last year I was able to use both, and the "Eric excuse"
is working for me right now. I'll be writing and get to a great scene only to be interuppted by a friend and how some guy grabbed her somewhere at school, and how he's got a single friend...saturday okay?

All I have to is say "Shut up, I just got to the BEST scene ever for Eric and yours truely hopefully in the Santa Clause movie. Don't ruin my concentration, and "click" goes the phone. It's awful, yes, but I do get A LOT of work done that way.

I know how you feel. My guy friend who turned into my "BOYFRIEND" dumped me on a band/choir competition for his old "GIRLFRIEND" in the band who he called the Ice Queen Bi-o-tch and who tried to hit him over the head with her saxaphone. That was in 8th grade(hence the caps 'n' quotes Wink )two years ago. But whatever, it's better to be alone now.

However, I will go to college next year and find some great guy friend, or I will (knock on wood) become an actress/writer and not have time for a relationship. That is my hope, however, you know if that happens I'll be getting text messages 20 times a day with "Have you seen Eric yet?" or "I hear you're working with_______, hookup with him already!"
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK sportsbear, time to get down and dirty.
I've gone on 3 dates in the past 3 years. Each date went the same. Guy feeds me, tries to kiss me, tries to IMMEDIATLY have sex. Thus I've been a 'born again virgin' for 3 years by choice. Well actually 2 years 10 1/2 months. I had that little errr slip up at Sundance in 2002. He was so handsome, so charming, and....horrible in the sack! So bad I said to myself, "WHY am I doing this? Just get up, get your clothes on and leave." But I didn't. I let him finish his version of sex. It was then that I decided to close up my 'shop' until the right guy came along.
You are right, some guys are so very persistent. I've turned down many men over the past 3 years. A few would not give up. They would show up at my work to hang out and talk. After awhile they would give up. You see, I am very open about my ground rules when it comes to playing in Katie's fun land. Minimum 6 month dating to get to know each others personalities. No physical interaction during the 6 months. I have to become friends with the guy FIRST before any kissy kissy boom boom.
Bottom line, be straight with the guys, lay dawn the law, your law.
I tell the guy it's going to take one hell of a special guy to get me to unzip my Old Navy pants. What I've noticed is that when the persistent guy finally accepts that he's not going to get any sex and has to work 6 months 'getting to know you'...they run.
One of my favorite lines is, " I've happily gone 3 years with out sex, I can sure as heck go a few more years."
The truth always works...for me.

Last edited by KatieSandstrom on Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Writer16

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad none of the teenage guys I have "dated" have ever wanted any...but yes sportsbear, truth before the lie...I guess I am only used to dealing with the last resorts unfortunately...however my "crush" has gotten me out of a few raised eyebrows when I'd watch Santa Clause in the summer and the fall...
MissMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been forever since I've been on a date.

I don't expect anything when I go out on a date. I don't expect flowers or gifts or a fancy restaurant or anything like that. It would be nice to be treated like a lady for a change, but I don't demand all that. I just want to have a good time. Try to find common ground with him, figure out what we have in common, etc etc. I want to feel comfortable being myself without putting on false airs or anything like that.

And laugh Smile You can't have a good time unless you can laugh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Writer16

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know wot u all means but when on first dates it hard 2 say hello or bye bt wen im on first time it quite scared it is very confess . well men not gave u flowers, chocolates and other else cos they r very nervous too but wen they r strangers tlk n kn them first without kisses n u kn stuff well on first date it is hard den u would used tht well u kn wot 2 do n let men wot 2 do u would kn wot he wanna but not 4 make luv .............. it only said 2 tht all n i just wanna tlk
lynx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was that last post?

thank goodness i'm married. I hated dating when i was younger, i couldn't imagine doing it again in my 30's. It would be a daunting experience. I believe the 'dating' rules have changed alot since i was younger and i don't know if any boundaries have been defined.
deafpower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wot u means ' what is that last post?'
let me kn bt im nt angry im only asking that all
deafpower

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just forget this

yea missmarie u r rite u could ve a laughs n feel good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: