TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Dating
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Dating Reply with quote

Do men and women share different expectations when it comes to the first date?

As a woman I expect the man...
To be a gentelman
Engage in stimulating conversation
Have an overall enjoyable evening
No kiss or sex, that comes MANY months later if at all Laughing

Any other point of views?

I ask this as I'm getting ready to attempt another date this Wednesday. It's been a year and I thought I'd give it another try.
I still feel men and women are on different pages when it comes to the first date. Men seem to want and expect more.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you NOT give your date a kiss, especially if he met your expectations? Or are you going on dates with men you aren't attracted to? Seems kind of prudish.
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. I guess I accept that. I am a picky prude.

I cancelled the date on Tuesday. He was too pushy and was was trying to move too fast during our conversations. I need respect.
kanyonatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: katie Reply with quote

i also dont kiss on first date nothing to do with being prudish just shows you dont want to rush thinga and get to know them better.

being a christian sex is out but i find mens expectaions on a first date are way different from mine except when i date christian men.There is no pressure of them wanting to jump into bed with you as they feel the same way about sex so you can get to know them alot before that subject is brought up never mind thought about .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hotrod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate first dates. I really don't know how to say hello, say goodbye, is it appropriate to make jokes. Kiss, no kiss. Sex, no sex. Issn't it possible to skip the first date and go straight to the second date?
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't gone on a date since I last posted. I decided to have a social life, not a dating life. It's better this way. You can go out and eliminate the first kiss situation. Sex, out of the question.
I'll be put to the test at Sundance in less than 2 months though. Too many like minded good lookin guys there. Razz
Iron Maiden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first dates...hhhmmm i expect a good laugh good convo an overall good time and a kiss ( not a big kiss cos its a first date) i wouldnt expect sex i mean its a first date afterall
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
K.C.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the best thing about being married to me, is that I will NEVER have to date again! I hated it as a teenager, and after my divorce; I REALLY hated it in my 30's.
I had many first date where I sat there thinking; "I will give you a hundred dollars to let me go and never hear from you again." (I am embarrassed to admit I actually climbed out of a bathroom window, when one blind date started bragging how many women he had slept with in the last five years.)
But as first dates go, it depends...With my current and last spouse, our first date was simple and fun, and when the night ended, I kissed him goodnight. On the check.
Jason Myers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too enjoy being married and not having to deal with the dating process. It wasn't really problematic for me though as I made acqaintances with the people I dated before I dated them. Good luck Katie; you'll find what you're looking for eventually Wink
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, I think I found what I've been looking for which is...nothing. Over the past 4 years of my separation I've learned to stop looking and just let it happen. When that is, I don't know, and I don't care.
I'm at peace with the process now.
Still, no more dates for this kitten. He's gonna have to be a pretty fantastic guy to win me over.
sportbear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you do when someone is trying to set you up with someone and I really am not interested in having a boyfriend at this time...have not had much luck with guys. I have been happier being single.
Writer16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sportsbear, who is trying to set you up? My best friend kept trying to set me up for about three months. I kept telling her I didn't want a guy right then (still don't) and finally I wrote it out for her, literally. Just explain to whoever it is that you don't want a boyfriend right now, you're having more fun doing blank, blank, and blank right now(fill in your own stuff...)

If that doesn't work, maybe do a whole group of friends going to see CWTK or something you'll enjoy anyways, then tell so and so that he's nice, but not what you want right now... hope that helped a little...

~N.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sportbear,
OK, go out with this guy. Get lots of expensive dinners, have him take you clothing shopping, let him buy you gifts...and a car...and a ski trip to Switzerland. When he insists that you give him a lil some some, tell him you suddenly decided to become a lesbian.

Tell your friend the truth. The single life really is devine!
Writer16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katiepride, don't you think maybe a trip to Paris or London as well?

You guys are lucky to be older and dealing with this, everything is getting so young now it's crazy!
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trip to Paris AND London come after you tell him you're willing to try to convert to being straight.

I just noticed I spelled divine wrong...deeevine . Oh well, you don't need to be smart when you're playing the sugar daddy game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: