TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Hamtramck and Tim Allen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonnaKnowles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Hamtramck and Tim Allen Reply with quote

Quick Question?

Does anyone know if Tim has actually had polish food in Hamtramck and does anyone know the restaurant?

I called the Polish Village Cafe and the lady said she has never heard
of TA ever being to this restaurant.

Thanks Guys
TimAllen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meals were years ago. I ordered stuffed cabbage, called something I am too clumsy to pronounce and freshly made perogies. Yum yum. The restaurant was in Hamtramck and was during the Polish festival.
DonnaKnowles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the unexpected post Tim.

You mentioned about Hamtramck on HI and I figured what the heck since my husband and I will be in Detroit for a few days this summer visiting the Henry Ford Museum etc. we might as well enjoy a good Polish meal on our way through.

Donna
linda groff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: polish food Reply with quote

Some of the BEST food I've ever eaten was prepared by my daughter-in-laws aunts, from the old country. Great goodness, was that food delicious! AND---they brought it with them on a plane. (uncooked, ready for them to prepare.) I just keep hoping for another invitation.
Hotrod

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever been to Poland, Tim? Usually the food tastes different in the country of origin. For example: Chinese food. Tastes very different in the western world than it does in China.

I haven't been to Poland.
ThomasRautschka

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes u are right. I ate a wiener schnitzel in england and it tasted different than in austria.

mhhhm. Wiener Schnitzel.. now I made my self hungry (bad english)

greetings Thomas M. Rautschka
tigardtoni

Location: Tigard, Oregon, Usa, North American continent, Earth, Sun's solar system, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also has a diffrent taste if the person grew up learning how to make the food the traditional way instead of a more modern way. We have a german deli near where I live that Frau (German teacher) gets food from for our "Klasse Fete" each year. The food from there taste MUCH diffrent than if it came from one of the many commercialized Oktober Fests.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: