TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

If you had the money, what car would you build?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Testosterone Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jduck1979

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's stackloads of cars I'd like to build, some old favourite's include...

a Westfield SEiGHT, which for those of you who don't know is an absolutely terrifying replica of a Lotus7 with a V8 engine in it....... always wanted one since I saw one in the September 1991 issue of the now defunct "Performance Car" magazine.

Also, a black R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R with the engine boosted to buggery.... I guess about 800BHP would be enough (closest I have is an 877BHP one on GRAN TURISMO3 on my Playstation2), and the interior stripped out with just a Roll cage, a pair of Recaro SP-G racing seats, and a MOMO steering wheel of some sort...... I reckon it'd be rather interesting taking it round the old Nordschleife - The north loop of the Nurburgring Twisted Evil

I have plenty more ideas brewing, and they might appear on my own website eventually if I ever get round to doing that section of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
49Fleetline

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Car I would build Reply with quote

1962 Impala Coupe, keep the body and chrome stock but upgrade everything else for performance and handling. Make it a nice long distance cruiser and drive it 'til it drops.
virtuoso in pink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would build the perfect man to build my perfect car....

yeah.
49Fleetline

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck finding parts to do that pink, it was a very limited run.
MalcQV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave the build to the professionals. F355 or 288GTO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: If you had the money, what car would you build? Reply with quote

Tim 2 wrote:
It can be anything, your dream car, or just something you'd like to throw together out of nothing.

I'd love to build like a hotrod, not sure what year, but it would probably be in the 40's that or a nice rebuilt on a Muscle car of the 60's

Easy question. Xtreme Motorsports Sandmaster Sandcar. Would put a new supercharged LS2 engine with a Fortin transmission. Love It!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

Sometime tell us more about the 555 Ford you are working on.
Fuzzy Dice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh this is a fun question! I've dreamt of building this for a long time:

I'd build a candy apple red glass body 1960s style '26 T with 572 cu in. big block Chev. The engine would be painted to match the car and have a functional funny car style scoop sitting on top of a polished GMC 671 blower on a tunnel ram intake, vertex magneto sporting yellow solid core Accel wires, Mickey Thompson valve covers, full race cam, chromed zoomies, Lenco transmission, Jag IRS, Corvette disk brakes all around and anything & everything metal chromed. It'd have a white raked roof with an etched Ford symbol oval rear window with a chamfered edge, the split windshield, a dash that would have turned alunimun dash like on the second generation Trans-Am and a highly customized leather/vynl/crushed velvet interior. The steering wheel would be a black leather padded deep dish wheel on a chromed column. The square trunk behind the cab would have the word 'TESTOSTERONE' written across the back of it in rainbow foil painted with black trim. The wheels would be deep dish Cragar SS on the rear with either funny car wrinkle walls or a set of wide Mickey Thompsons on the rear and True Spokes with the skinny bicycle type tires on the front. There'd be a pair of yellow rectangular fog lamps frenched under the front crossmember. The only things I can't decide on would be the headlights and chassis: Would I go for the conventional round original headlights, or the square lantern style headlights like on the Munsterkoach. I'd probably get a pair of each and either see which I like best, or swap them out occasionaly, and I'm still not sure what I'd do for the chassis.

The display would be a turntable surrounded by white crushed rock on the floor and 4 spotlights shining on the car. The rod would be tilted sideways slightly on a pair of short jackstands with mirrors on the bottom of the table to display the completely chromed chassis & drivetrain. A stereo in the background would be playing '60s music with lots of Beach Boys and hot rodding themed music. Possibly a pair of models in swimsuits carrying surfboards could be hired to stand beside it for the car show. I would have a matching drag boat & trailer in the display behind it or mated to the T for outdoor car shows. The boat would have the same paint, interior and engine as the T.

Fueled by 100% pure testosterone!
knaagi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! @ Fuzzi

In my case, I have no exact imagination. Most likely it would be mopar muscle from the late 60s with very wide rear rubber to get the blown hemi power to the road.
Robert(from London)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: ac cobra Reply with quote

for me it would be an AC cobra kit version would learn a lot about building
a car and welding a frame.
Ron McLeod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll just stick with my 1972 Roadrunner. It always gets to much attention.When we were driving it around was really a blast. NOTHING like the feel of BIG BLOCK power under your toes.Arrrrrrggg Arrrrrrggggg Arrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg
knaagi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron McLeod wrote:
I think I'll just stick with my 1972 Roadrunner. It always gets to much attention.When we were driving it around was really a blast. NOTHING like the feel of BIG BLOCK power under your toes.Arrrrrrggg Arrrrrrggggg Arrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg

Those were beauties! What color is yours?
Ron McLeod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mines red and white.Was an original Satellite Sebring Plus,which was the most luxuriest model available.If you ordered a RR or GTX,they start with a plain satellite then add the RR or GTX package.The one I got was already cloned to a RR by the previous owner.The only thing is if your gonna have American Muscle,its gotta be a BIG BLOCK,AAAAAARrrrgggg AAAAArrrrrggggggg!!!!!
MalcQV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferrari 355. Think I already said that.
ShellyH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have the money, i certainly want to have Mustang, I just love that car. And maybe modified something inside it, the way I want it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Testosterone Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: