TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Time Travel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think it would be wise to have mankind time travel?
Yes, kill off Hitler
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
No, I don't want to blink out of reality.
47%
 47%  [ 8 ]
Who cares? Let Star Trek worry about it...
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

K.C.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief NO! Leave that thing in storage. With my luck I would keep spilling the same cup of tea on my lap!
jduck1979

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be perfectly wise to timetravel as long as you stayed clear of influencing any major wars, etc... but could perhaps get away with tinkering with a few less world influencing goings on, like recovering tapes of old TV shows (e.g. "Dad's Army", etc) that got trashed by mistake (on the sly, of course), for discovery when you get back to your own time.

Personally, I often wish I could nip back in time to recover all my favourite things from over the years that have fallen victim to my Dad throwing them out behind my back.... such as my first bike, or the blue / yellow BMX that replaced that.... or the Raleigh Grifter XL I was given as a replacement for that (they're supposed to be worth a bit now, aren't they?), then there's what used to be my Grandad's favourite winged armchair (sawed it up & disposed of it last year), 2x family cars I was hoping to restore as classics some day (which were in better shape than alot of other cars people take on as restoration projects), the lawnmower, the other fishing rod of the (almost identical) pair used when I was taken fishing for the first time.......... Crying or Very sad
And also maybe have another look at what used to be my favourite parts of town, before the developers started buggering them up. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: That's exactly what I would do too Reply with quote

I'd go looking around town at what it used to look like. I'd go look in my old room at my old toys. I read that recalling old childhood memories (by browsing old toys and old neighborhoods and things) is really good for your memory in general, even for current daily tasks.
Lunar Hotel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Cause and Effect: Gauze and Affect Reply with quote

Actually, I just came back from the future. I had never seen any of your names before. Not on GoogleGalactic, Yahooie9000.xx, or Transcatpile. None of them. So sad.

And who is this Tim Allen you speak of? And what is a Michigan? And why so many football teams? Where I'm from we only have the Broncos. We have no need for any others.

LadyHawke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time travel may already be a reality. Through quantum physics, the scientists already know that particles travel in a kind of future warp--they somehow know in advance things and how to communicate with one another in the ether on a future like wave. It's mind bending!

also, if anyone has ever heard of the John Titor story, it is all over the internet. Check it out. there is also a movie out there on John Titor. www.johntitor.com and www.timetravelinstitute.com and of course youtube.

Time travel in theory can change the past. In essence, what happens is that when something is changed according to the physicists there is a new alternate universe or line created. We have alternate universes and when something is changed it creates a new thread and hence a new alternative universe.

Finally, Billy Meier, the most famous living UFO adductee and contactee living says on his website that he has time traveled, or should I say that youtube.com shows some uncanny film where Billy has traveld in time. www.theyfly.com

But, the best evidence of that is my new screenplay I'm working on, called TIME MESSIAH, where I am espousing the theory, and lightly based on the John Titor story, that time travel can and does alter the past to a new timeline or alternate universe. And like Quantum Leap, it can be repaired by the traveler if something goes awry--like this man wanting to be an evil dictator and goes back in time to fix it so he can be! P.S. It's already optioned by the Schiff Company so don't even think of stealing the idea!
hossie88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i dont think time travell should be used !!!! if something is to happen it should happen !!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: