TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tim's favorite songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Tim an Aerosmith fan? I saw that cool pic of him standing with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Steven Tyler.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, do you listen to Leon Redbone? He's cool.
MissMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to so many different styles of music. I always kind of felt sorry for people that confined themselves to one style of music, cause they just don't know what they're missing.

One of my favorite bands is The Monkees. They do one song thats on the soundtract for a movie they did in 1968 (?) called "Head" (interesting trivia bit here, it was actually co-written by Jack Nicolson, and he also corridenated the soundtract) called "The Porpoise Song" it was written by Carole King and her then husband Gerry Goffin. Its a really etheral song. Totally unlike anything people are used to hearing from them. You guys should check it out one day, its such a beautiful song. My other favorites are Laugh (a good one for when I'm feeling down), Writing Wrongs (a really "heavy" song that Mike Nesmith wrote), Daily Nightly, and Auntie's Muncipal Court (that one has a really nice combination of country and psychadelic, its awesome)

My favorite song by The Beatles is "I Want You (She's so Heavy) from Abbey Road. The lyrics don't have much, but when you listen to it, you get a really strong feeling from it, just from the melody itself. I also love Revolution Number 9, Come Together and A Day in the Life.

Another one of my favorite songs is Kashmir by Led Zeppelin (off the album Physical Graffiti). If you look up the lyrics, its rather overwhelming. Very spirtual song. Also pretty heavy. The house goes quiet when that song comes on. For some reason, it brings a lump to my throat, and I haven't even worked the lyrics out yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Heimwerkerking

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, do you like "Born to be wild" from Steppenwollf?
I love this song... *gg*
Iron Maiden

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss marie,

dont know what we're missing...tbh its almost all classic rock and i dont think im missing out...i mean ive given all that pop, country, hip hop and rap crap a chance and I hate it...i will never give it another chance...it sucks period...especially modern music of all kinds...so in a word im definately not missing out
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MissMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, there's no need to be offended. I happen to find something I like in all styles of music and don't want to confine myself to only one type.

If you took what I said as a put down, don't, because it wasn't meant that way at all.

As for all this modern rock... do you mean all this Linkin Park and the like? All the bands that have come out in the last couple of years all sound the same that I can't tell one from the other. In fact, pretty much everything that came out after 1996, I was bored of after the first time I heard it.

If all you like is classic rock and won't listen to anything else, thats your bag. My sisters main thing is country, with some new wave eighties on occasion. My foster brothers main thing is 80's/90's punk, because thats what his band plays. My brother is into into 80's heavy metal, but listens to Korn. Him and my cousin came over here and started making fun of me once cause I have a Kenny Loggins cd, and because I listen to Celine Dion sometimes.

It's fine if your taste is limited to classic rock (which I love, btw...) but its definetly not cool to say some other type of music is crap just because you don't like it. I'm aiming that more at people like my brother and cousin who like to make fun of peoples musical tastes that don't mirror Korn or whatever the heck they listen these days.

Maybe my love of a variety of music makes me easy to get along with, because I never complain about what they want to listen to on their radio. Smile I'm the same with movies and television too. Even though I would rather be watching Bugs Bunny/Daffy Duck commercials or British comedies
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: 'Over the Rainbow' Reply with quote

For the longest time I have wanted to know who sang this song and the answer has been right here since your entry in November 2003. The song reminds me of the best parts of Hawaii. Glad I finally found it. Thank you, again.

Fan Lyn
K.C.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I find that my favorite songs differ considering what kind of mood I am in. Right now I have a Tom Jones song on because I have some energy that I didn't expect to have today and it makes me move. I am thinking some Blues Travler for later today.....

Oh and I would like to add, I have the sound track to the movie "Head" and LOVE all the music on that!!!!
barbara

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MOnkees--KC?..Am I showing my age again?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sportbear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I must be too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard one not heard in a long time. It was, "Through the Eyes of Love." I will always look at it differently now.
K.C.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barbara wrote:
The MOnkees--KC?..Am I showing my age again?

Your 23, right? Just like me. lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Your favorite Christmas song Reply with quote

Lots of good ones. Anyone, too, what is your favorite Christmas song? Any reason why?
lg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: response Reply with quote

"Ill Be Home for Christmas"...because I've never felt I've really ever been 'there'.
K.C.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that one, it makes me kind of sad though. But I would have to say my favorite Christmas song would be "Santa Baby". It reminds me of my mother when she was young and kind of a party girl.

Oh and here's a story about "I'll be home for Chirtmas". My husband's grandfather was on the boat going home from the Pacific Theatre during WW II. His whole unit was tired, they had seen some of the worse fighting of the war.

And on the boat someone had the idea of playing Christmas carols over the ship's sound system. And everyone was having a good time until this new song came on the system.

As the words came dirfting down from loud speaker "I'll be home for Christmas, you can count on me. Please have snow and misletoe...." All of a sudden grandpa saw all these big tough military men begin to cry. They had missed home so much and that song had touched everything they missed about home.

Grandpa still hates that song sixy years later. it just was too much too soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: