TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tim's favorite songs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teddybear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Tim's favorite songs Reply with quote

Hi Tim, what are some of your favorite songs? A couple of my favorite songs are Little Bitty ~ Alan Jackson and The Light In Your Eyes ~ LeAnn Rimes. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a really good question. it would be interesting to here his reply.
TimAllen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Music Reply with quote

I mentioned before that I think Austin's Monte Montgomery is amazing -- I like R&B, gospel choirs, standard rock, old folk songs that tell a story... it's really hard to say as I have such a passion for music of all kinds and styles.
(I really love the simple ukulele arrangement of the medley "Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World" by the Hawaiian singer Israel
"IZ" Kamakawiwo'Ole. Check it out if you haven't heard it.)
lg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: over the rainbow Reply with quote

Oh, my god...is that just the GREATEST recording? I gave everyone his CD with that song on it at Christmans one year, and they all thought I was crazy. No counting for taste, huh? the artist has been dead for several years, but that is the most beautiful, hopeful, simply purest recording of that song...Harry Neilson runs a high second with his recording of it...l.
Teddybear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim thank you for your reply.

Last edited by Teddybear on Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
DREXXDrummer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Great Version Reply with quote

Hey Tim did you notice they used that song in a episode of ER the one were Doc Greene Dies
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Danny_R

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Israel song played at the end of Finding Forrester. Good movie.
DonnaKnowles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked my sister if she had "IZ's Over The Rainbow" and she did.
I too found it very beautiful and new. Too bad that such a talented feller had to die so young of a massive heart attack at the age of 32.
My sister lived in Hawaii for 5 years and collected many Hawaiian music including IZ's.

Another Hawaiian singer/songwriter that you also might want to listen to is Keali'i Reichel. Two of his songs that I love to listen to is 'E O Mai' and
'Patchwork Quilt'.

If you get a chance, give them a listen too.

Donna
lg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: rainbow Reply with quote

What struck me so about that particular recording was (that originally) it was designed as a large orchestral piece. The truth of songwriting, someones talent for it, comes through when you can take such a piece, place it in the simplest, purist form, and have it more beautiful than all the instruments in the world could make it...as well, to envision such a piece in its elemental form is a soulful sort of thing...
jooly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked that last comment. Very Happy

I was wondering, what are everyone's favorite cover songs? I like Fiona Apple's version of Across the Universe, which was used in the Pleasantville soundtrack.
Teddybear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: cover songs Reply with quote

One of my favorite cover songs is Faith Hill's version of Piece Of My Heart.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone's favorite song contained in either of these collections?

www.cenedella.com/stone/archives/000302.html
www.cenedella.com/stone/archives/000590.html
jmralls2001 (guest)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like any songs by John Mellencamp, Aerosmith, Eric Clapton, and Stevie Ray Vaughan. It's kinda hard to pick a specific favorite song from a lot of the musicians I like, like the ones I just mentioned. If I had to pick, for John Mellencamp I'd probably pick Jack & Diane and Small Town. For Aerosmith Back in the Saddle. Eric Clapton, maybe Layla. And Stevie Ray Vaughan Pride and Joy, Crossfire, and Lenny.
Iron Maiden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never heard of those songs etc tim...

im more into:

eric clapton
iron maiden (alot of their songs tell a story)
guns n roses
alice cooper
steve vai
joe satriani
yngwie malmsteen
ozzy osbourne
sex pistols
bon jovi
thin lizzy
def leopard

....by looking at that u might think id like metallica but in actual fract i dont, i think they suck....

heres the big surprise tho....i like frank sinatra...lol look at that a 16 yr old like frank music!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Writer16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right there with you, slickman...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: