TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

MAC POLL!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Mac Attack! & technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who has a Mac?
I have several
26%
 26%  [ 10 ]
I have one
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
I only have a Windoze :-(
47%
 47%  [ 18 ]
I have a Windoze but want to switch ;-)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

appleking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:01 am    Post subject: MAC POLL! Reply with quote

Well just wondering who has a Mac (as I know Tim, Kim and I have Macs).. Cool

AppleKing
sweetkittyuk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have one. an iMac actually. Very Happy
esun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the Sad beside the Windows option? And what about Linux? I've got two PCs running Windows XP Pro, one running XP Pro and Slackware, and one running just Slackware. And I'll have to say I'm happy with all of the machines.
Jason Myers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really love to have a Mac but they are too expensive for me right now and the games support is somewhat lacking....I'll probably get one down the road though.....
appleking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonMyers wrote:
I would really love to have a Mac but they are too expensive for me right now and the games support is somewhat lacking....I'll probably get one down the road though.....

Hi Jason, whats expensive? An eMac cost 799Dollars (thats a great machine, and there are many great games for the mac)

So get a Mac you will see, you will be really happy with it! Very Happy
appleking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

esun wrote:
Why the Sad beside the Windows option? And what about Linux? I've got two PCs running Windows XP Pro, one running XP Pro and Slackware, and one running just Slackware. And I'll have to say I'm happy with all of the machines.

Well esun, the sad face is for windoze, because windows isnt a really great system. And when you like windows, okay thats your problem not mine, we are here in a mac attack forum, so thats why windows isnt the subject here. Mac rulez, as Tim said. Cool

And by the way are you also happy with the viruses and worms for WinXP? And you enjoy the nice "phone home" features of all Microsucks products? Sure.. Twisted Evil
appleking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweetkittyuk wrote:
i have one. an iMac actually. Very Happy

Great Sweetkittyuk! iMac is so neat! Love my iMac too Very Happy
sweetkittyuk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah appleking they are really good, i can't fault them!! i would like to get a powerbook as soon as i can afford it too, so i can have a mac on the move aswell!!! Very Happy
AppleKing (offline)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: PowerBook prices sliding down Reply with quote

Hey Sweetkittyuk, you can get some powerbooks now really cheap. Or even used, I have bought my PowerBook Ti 400 for 1000euros. I love it! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Cut over from Windows about four years ago; can't go back. Reply with quote

We're now an all-Mac household: iBook and iMac for the kids; 667 Ti for the spouse; 15" 1.25Ghz aluminum PowerBook for yours truly; and a dual 1Ghz PowerMac G4 with 23" Apple Cinema display with 2G RAM and 300G of disk also for me -- all running over an AirPort network.

Hey, somebody's got to do it!

P.S. the dog has an old Lime Green iMac SE DV, I think it's called.
ThomasRautschka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i maybe want to buy the G5 but I have never seen it in Austria, do you know where I can buy one in Austria?

Thanks
jbdean

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone! I'm new, this is my first post ... thought I'd take it slow Wink and get my feet wet one toe at a time LOL

Voted in the poll. I have 2 macs. My oldest is a Power PC (sorry, forget the ##) and my main baby is my G4 with 21" monitor. I've been on macs since about 1988 but still remember seeing the first one in the lobby of a First Interstate bank in WA state. They had it set up so you could fool around with it (like you can in computer stores now). It was all Greek to me at that time (1984) but when I first went to work for Disney, we had no computer and a guy I worked with would bring in his little Mac and he took the time to teach me. After that job, the computers were PCs (actually, I think they called them Sperrys - DOS OS) until I went to work for Discover mag and we were ALL mac there and we were just thrilled! LOL

As for games on the Mac ... I love computer gaming and admit most are for PC but ... there is a great selection of games (SIMs for example). I love SIMMing and while the PC users get the games first out the door, we mac users get it better because by the time it's released for us, all the bugs are worked out and there's no need for patches and other junk like that.

But I prefer my mac 'cause I do graphics and the programs are way better for macs in that area. Anyone use Z-Brush? Only for mac and an awesome 3-D program! Besides, the whole layout is so much more user friendly. I get so tired, when on a pc, of saying ... "WHERE did I save that file??"LOL

Right now I'm struggling on my daughter's PC laptop. She'd rather have a mac, too, but could only afford the Dell she has for all the stuff she wanted it to have. (Yet, when I look it over, it doesn't have that much.)

Anyway, sorry that was so long, glad to see fellow mac-ers on Tim's site and thrilled to hear Tim is a Mac-er! (I just knew there had to be more to him that than those boyish good looks, quick witt and talent! Cool )

Jane
AppleKing (guest)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austria (Thomas) wrote:
i maybe want to buy the G5 but I have never seen it in Austria, do you know where I can buy one in Austria?

Thanks

Hallo Thomas,

du kannst Apple Computer bei www.cancom.de, www.apple.com/at oder bei anderen Onlinegeschäften in Österreich kaufen (schau bei www.mackauf.de rein)

Ich habe einen G5 und es ist der schnellste PC überhaupt!

And for the others in here, I just explained to Thomas where he can buy a G5 in Austria. I also told him that I have a G5 and its the most powerful PC on the market.

Here is also a nice comparison for the G5 vs. an AMD FX 64
http://www.barefeats.com/g5op.html

and here are Cinebench 2003 results for many computers, remember the
Xeon Workstations are not PCs, they are really expensive Workstations.
http://www.imashination.com/bench.html

Have all a happy new year. And for all Mac fans out there, watch the Macworld San Francisco keynote of Steve live january 6th 2004.

Go to Apple.com for more information.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleKing (guest) wrote:
Austria (Thomas) wrote:

Thanks

Hallo Thomas,

du kannst direkt bei Apple Computer www.apple.com/at oder bei www.cancom.de (da habe ich meinen G5 her), bei anderen Applehändlern in Österreich kaufen http://www.apple.com/at/buy/applecenter/#austria (für Preisvergleiche schau bei www.mackauf.de rein)

Ich habe einen G5 und es ist der schnellste PC überhaupt!

And for the others in here, I just explained to Thomas where he can buy a G5 in Austria. I also told him that I have a G5 and its the most powerful PC on the market.

Here is also a nice comparison for the G5 vs. an AMD FX 64
http://www.barefeats.com/g5op.html

and here are Cinebench 2003 results for many computers, remember the
Xeon Workstations are not PCs, they are really expensive Workstations.
http://www.imashination.com/bench.html

Have all a happy new year. And for all Mac fans out there, watch the Macworld San Francisco keynote of Steve live january 6th 2004.

Go to Apple.com for more information.
Iron Maiden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally hate mac...that one button mouse, what the hell is that all about....im happy with my computer, its about 2 years old but still fairing up pretty well.

its a 1 GHZ thunderbird i think...although bits and bobs have been swapped around to increase its performance
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Mac Attack! & technology All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: