TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

I'm Not Really Here.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sportbear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am not really here either. It is an interesting, funny book.

I agree, I am not here either, for me, ever.

I love this book and have read it several times.
Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Book Rewind Reply with quote

try reading the book, "Mind Wide Open" it looks at the lastest in technology in brian research with the author using himself as the guinea pig....

he found out that ever time he made a joke his adrenaline went up, so he surmised he was addicted to telling them! and plus....... how seeing a stick in the grass at first always seems like a snake, enchanced our survival as a species and ect.....

Joke: You know my mom started jogging 5 miles a day when she was 50 and now that she is 55, we dont know where the hell she is!

God Bless,
Lee
Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Book Rewind Reply with quote

comments - leeklotz@yahoo.com
Eva

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my favorite book, too

Here are some other books about the "way of liberation"

Alan Watts -- The way of liberation
Thich Nhat Hanh -- The miracle of mindfulness
J. Donald Walters -- The Path, Rays of the same light, Secrets of Self-Acceptance
Paramhansa Yogananda -- Autobiography of a Yogi
Erich Fromm -- The art of loving, To have or to be
Hannah Green -- I never promised you a rose garden
Nicolas Evans -- The horse whisperer
Robert M. Pirsig -- Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance (not sure,
didn't read it myself)
Eva

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, yes and books by Richard Feynman. I just saw his name on the list of Tim's favorite books, too. All the other books on the list are unknown to me (gotta check them out).

I just found out that a couple of videos by Feynman and Watts can be seen on youtube. I hadn't realized Alan Watts was such a hippie type of a person, he looks really kind of a "sage"
Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alan+watts
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=richard+feynman
rela

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fans who haven't had the honer to read the ''I'm Not Really Here'',I've found the first chapter of the book on the net.

You can read it here http://justapassion.blog.hr

And when you read it,and get to the part where it says ''Jeste Li Znali Da...'',it's the end of the chapter.(I couldn't find more than 1 chapter.If you have,lemme know!lol)The rest is my blog,and most of it is on croatian,so...anyway,I hope you'll enjoy reading the chapter.Very interesting.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny_R wrote:

But now I'm looking on ebay for Skipping Christmas. I like reading books before watching the movie. It keeps me interested, especially when there is a while before the movie is released.

I usually don't do this cause in most cases I'm disappointed afterwards. IMHO a book is always better than it's movie, cause it can explain better and give more insight. The movies that are most disappointing are mostly the thick ones...where they have to leave out or change so much..that the story itself can hardly stay the same...
And yet I enjoy them. Had the greatest fun reading Big Trouble before watching the movie...and wasn't too disappointed that time!! Wink
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Big Trouble book? I didn´t know that!!
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know it, too...until I found a "Mängelexemplar" for 2 € in a store....at a time when I had just found out that such a movie exists...but the DVD cost over 20€ then and I had decided to wait until the price would sink.
It's called
Jede Menge Ärger (Big Trouble)
by Dave Barry (ISBN 3-404-92113-5)
Original Price 8,90€
rela

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the book,and I'm little from half way of it,and,it is so interesting...his thoughts in his mid-life crisis and quantum physics... it is very great book.Can't put it down.

But I ask you Tim:Is that thing with that poor guy with Indian blanket,and guy at the drive-thru McDonald's who knew what you wanted,and that time in college when you and your friend were talking,but didn't move your lips,true?And the TAO/MAN e-mail?I hope you have answers cos,this has often happen to me,when I lost something,I try so hard to search for it,but when I give up,cos I've searched the whole planet,after a while,it appears by it self.

Anyway,this is much similar with what I'm 'going thru'.His mid-life crisis and my,let's say ''teen-life crisis''.All the things,asking Who am I?Where am I? And most important,AM I? It's really hard to explain,but I sorta understand what he has/is going thru.
birdmite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Spine printing at 90-degree angle - BRILLIANT! Reply with quote

I really liked "I'm Not Really Here" as well. Its arrival came at an amazing time in my life, no more details needed, but suffice to say it was another one of life's "coincidences that maybe wasn't really a coincidence".

I actually liked it so much that I just ordered the first book now to see what it's about. The humor in the book really made me laugh. As a middle-aged guy, I can relate to a lot of the getting-older stuff that Tim talks about.

But the truly BEST thing this book is the printing on the spine. I have the hardcover edition from Hyperion and the title is printed sideways instead of lengthwise, like most books. This means that when it's sitting on your bookshelf, you don't have to bend your neck at a crazy angle to read the title.

This might seem silly, but I visit a lot of bookstores and this always bugs me - by the time I'm ready to leave, my neck is killing me! I'm an engineer by trade, so I recognize great design when I see it.

Cheers!

-->S.
Dave's not here

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: "I'm not really here" Reply with quote

Just read the book,and enjoyed the hell out of it!Best $1.00 I ever spent at the Goodwill.(O.K.so ya didnt make much after the second time around.)I have one question,since I'm so easy,do you take IOUs for the $100.00?Please don't tell me I know the answer,my head STILL HURTS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fuzzy Dice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed 'I'm Not Really Here' and 'Don't Stand too Close to a Naked Man' because I could identify the author and identify with the author. I enjoy reading books by people I know because I can hear them speaking when I'm reading and that adds a whole new dimension to a book. I like to take my time when reading it too and savour it instead of just getting to the end.

One little caveat: Wear steel toe boots when reading 'I'm Not Really Here'. When I took it off the shelf I dropped it on my foot and just about broke it. You could say it made a real impact on me.

And congradulations to you and Jane on Elizabeth!
momododd22

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: i'm not really here Reply with quote

I bought this book for my father because he loves comedy but started reading it before I sent it. Sorry Dad, I can't let go of this book. Quantum physics and the nature of reality is one of my favorite subjects. Could you write more about this? Loved the book.
vanced03

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: This book got me through prison Reply with quote

I grew up on Home Improvement and could always relate to Tim Allen. I didn't know at the time that Tim had been to prison. When I landed myself in prison I found this book and it gave me the inspiration to do something productive with my life. If Tim can do it then so can I. Thanks Tim. I'm still one of your biggest fans and screw ABC for cancelling Last Man Standing the best show on TV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: