TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Ask a Journeyman Toolmaker anything

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Design: Thinking outside of the Box!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northcoast

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Ask a Journeyman Toolmaker anything Reply with quote

I've been in the Toolmaker trade for over 20 years. Beyond machining things out of ferrous and non-ferrous metals I also machine things from natural nylon, UHMW, micarta, and a couple more materials.

Beyond machining, I also design and engineer tools, tooling, fixtures, and apparatus that utilizes air cylinders, linkages, clamps, and custom end effectors. Yeah, I've also designed and machined custom car parts for myself, plus anything at home that is old and wore out, or broken, and you are never going to get another repair part for it, so I just make it.

If anyone has any questions they would like to ask about what metal might be best for a certain application, design, or 6 ways to get out a broken screw, or whatever, please feel free to ask. I will see if I can help you out.

...or maybe we can just get some knuckle busting talk started. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Design: Thinking outside of the Box! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: