TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

New Book Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwaldron14905

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: New Book Idea Reply with quote

Hi Tim & Fellow Fans...

Tim seems to be a really big fan of cars especially the classic and muscle cars. I would love to read a book about this true love of his. What got him interested in cars, what was his 1st car, if he could own any car what would it be, what is his favorite car to own? Has he ever thought about doing a show on cars? He could be the host and bring in fellow car buffs like jay Leno...

Just some humble thoughts that would be interesting to see come to life...

As with many people here I am one of the millions of fans who look forward to seeing Tim's new adventures in writing, on tv and on the big screen!

Good job in Last Man Standing! My husband is jealous that Tim's character works in a "man's outlet"...(the guns, the hunting, etc...)

Thanks You Tim for all of the hard work!

Monica Stevens
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea from oe gear head to another but I odnt think a car book will sell as well as his previous books have. I really think an update life story would be good. Michael J Fox did that with his books. Fasinating read btw...
But what last 10-15 years of Tims life. Id really like to know how he juggles working 7 days a week, maintaing a marriage,parenting,friends,social life, and still be so grounded. I seen perform in real life, on stage in his TV show. He is so amazing, so creative. His memory doesnt skip a beat. He is funny, artistic and a grounded person. I have os much respect for him and Jay Leno. Because aside from the fame and fortune, they are both grounded. Never forgot where they came from and very humble. I see so many C list actors hit rock bottom and this is why Tim stays an A list. he is top drawer.
I have requested CRIBS to a show on him. Never heard nothing and us car guys love a full tour. ABC just did a sneak peak at his garage RRR.
The man is BUSY. I dont expect a book out for sometime. For now I just sit back Tues nights at 8pm, anticipate the next Last Man Standing show, or catch re runs of Home IMprovement or out in one of many DVD movies of Tim I own or read his books. We cant ask anymore from the man. He has done so much for us fans. We are very gratefull. And it couldnt have happened to a nicer, better actor than Tim.
Thanks for the Laughs Tim...
oh, and I am going to mail you a copy of my book when its published!
RRR
mwaldron14905

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: I see your point... Reply with quote

I would love to know if there is an area of Entertainment that Tim would like to do. I mean he has been in movies, television and on stage performing comedy. Is Tim the kind of man who would like to do a show on Broadway in NYC? What area of entertainment would Tim like to try or at least have an experience in? Would he be interested in doing a serious role? Or play a bad guy? I know Tim loves comedy but from books I have read a lot of actors & actresses try to grow and expand their area of performance. It w would be cool to sit down and do an interview with him and get to know him as a person and not just as Tim Allen the comic...but Tim Allen the man. What makes Tim tick? Just a few thoughts that came to mind this morning! Have a great day!
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend watching the James Lipton Actors Stidio Interview. Amazing interview and it shows how human he really is.
mwaldron14905

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

I'll check it out...I look forward to getting to know the real Tim Allen the person and not the actor we have come to know and love.
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have met Tim in person,seen his comedy act 3x now and seen him do his tv show. Each time he has a comedic sence about him that is humble,generous and very sincere. I could have approached him the other 3x I seen him in person and actually funny when he was doing the episode that will be on TV dec 6 with a special guest star(sorry can't tell). I caught Tim staring at me and my wife looking at us like he knew he met us but didn't remember where. Since he went out of his way to meet us that one time I did not feel a second meeting was warranted. I would have loved to have talked cars but. Lifethe man is busy. I am confident he would have chit chatted but he has his own life and friends. I actually live in the city that grandma lived in. Iam a car guy and we both know mutual people. Iam grateful for that alone. Tim is not arrogant and sincere. He appreciates his fans. I asked respectfully if I could see his garage when I went to California and was declined. I never shown up or stAlked him. If you ask polietly ya never know what will happen but you don't know until you ask. I think Tim and Jay Leno are similar because of being comedic geniuses and both car guys. Being a car guy myself its like an unspoken code for eachother that we can put aside fame and fortune and just talk shop. There are many people who work with Tim and will even speak more highly of him. Iam not star struck for anyone but Tim Allen and Jay Lweno because we are all gear heads. And those 2 guys are the most grounded sincere people in show business. I have met them both and no desire to meet anyone else. I hope one day I can talk shop to both of them. Both of them will be mentioned in my book. Watch the interview. Tim shows his real personility his spirit,sincerity and wears his heart! Great man. Iam gratefull for being able to shake his hand. His 5 min meant so much to me. RRR
mwaldron14905

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Awesome experience Reply with quote

Sounds like a wonderful experience for you and your wife! My husband Chris is a "Tool Man" as well...he has a lot of similar characteristics that Tim had in Home Improvement. Chris even bought me tools for my bday this year! I made the mistake to ask him to build me a book case and if could email you the pictures you would be shocked at how big it is.

As a member of the 12 step community I wonder how Tim handles his recovery from drugs and alcohol...in his book he talked about being in prison for drugs. In 1997 he got a ticket for a I believe a DWI...actors and actresses are constantly surrounded by drugs and alcohol so how does someone like Tim avoid the pitfalls of this community...

Other thoughts that came to my mind as we have been chatting...

BTW: My name is Monica Stevens. Its a pleasure to meet you.
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCd_MlSbsRA

My wife is a 12 stepper. 6 years clean, which I mentioned in other posts. I am a strong supporter of 12 steps. I do not drink,smoke, do drugs or anything by choice. Watch the video. Mr Allen discusses things we have talked about. I attend open meetings all the time, it helps me understand my wife more and the disease of addiction. I have an addiction or a few.....cars and Elvis. lol.....She could have worse troubles with me....wit she does...my health....you will have to read about that in another post. lol
Nice to meet you aswell. I am Tom T.
I hope that adminette figures out one day for us to post pics.????
mwaldron14905

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Same here.. Reply with quote

I am clean over 6 years and my husband has over 11 years...its great to see non addicted families supporting their loved ones! That is very cool...I remember when I read "Don't stand too close to a naked man..." I almost busted by gut laughing...but then there were some serious moments when he talks about being in prison for drugs, etc. The impression he has presented is one of being humble which is sort of a requirement for recovery in addiction. If we get cocky and egotistical than things usually go bad for the addict. I speak from experience....

I love the fact that Tim is not one of those actors that has been in the papers for negative behaviors (IE: Lindsay Lohan...in and out of jail, court, etc...) you don't see that with Tim. The television shows and movies he is in are very "family" oriented...you never see "smut" or nudity in his movies, no vulgar language, etc...He is well dressed, well spoken (articulate)...which makes a major impression on me as a fan and viewer of his movies and television shows. I don't consider myself wild and crazy over Tim...I have a great deal of admiration & respect for him as the person he is.

Just my humble thoughts for a chilly Saturday...
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I conider myself a dedicated fan, hence the name. I een following Tims work since stand up, then HI and so on. I will go to each movie he does, watch as many TV shows as I can, buy his DVDs,books, see him live when I can and so forth. I met the man once and it was awesome. It was a fast 5 min and so badly wanted to talk cars with him. I may or may not ever get that opportunity again. I dont want to stalk or annoy the man and if our aths ever cross again just maybe. He was less than 5 ft from me at the taping of Last Man Standing and I could have said he remember me like an idiot but I didnt. I saw his road manager again when I seen him do stand up for the 3rd time. I said hello, and she recognized us right away. Again I could have said hey can I talk to Tim. But I didnt. I didnt ever want to ever come across as some weirdo fan. He took the time to meet us once and I am gratefull.
With Tim and his charachter and real life we have alot in common. Cars, bikes, a mr Fix it mr Break it. Having mutual friends, been in Detroit more times than I can count. Seeing myself in certain aspects of many of his charachters, mainly Tim Taylor. And myself I am comedic. Doing impressions, jokes non stop and my happy place is in the garage. Alot of HI fans share that comonaility abut Tim.
Your absolutely right, you never see Tim in the news. I searched TMZ once and barely got anything on him, Tim is a stand up guy.
I had 2 things on my bucket list and that was to meet Tim Allen and Jay Leno, because I am a car guy, fan etc. Both I have accomplished. I got to see my hero speak( Michael J Fox ) and that was so awesome. I thought my bucket list was complete but I keep filling it back up. I am a simple guy.
Now, if I can get my book published. Get some serious donations to research and help someone suffering then I will be ne happy camper.
I do not want fame over my book, I do not ever want my picture on the book. And if I ever get any noterity over it then Ill remember how humble Tim Allen and Jay Leno are as people. Ill try as hard as Michael J Fox my hero to help someone in need. All this can be done if I survive my surgery and publsh my book. I always wondered in life what my purpose was in life. I waited 39 years to find out. Its to write this book and help someone.
In the mean time I will love and support my wife in recvery. Recovery is a beautiful thing.
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh incase your wondering about the book, my brain surgery etc....here is a thread i started.

http://ideaexchange.timallen.com/viewtopic.php?t=6518&highlight=
mwaldron14905

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: If I am not being to personal Reply with quote

May I ask what the surgery is about? What is your book about and what kind of research are you trying to do?

Monica
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monica, read the above link I posted! Smile
ReverenttotheBuilder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject: How I found the Master Builder Reply with quote

Come talk to me and I will show you who He is and how to be Born Again for true Salvation His way, not man's!~
Reverent Brother Gary L. Boyett, written in the Last Days, 3/27/2017.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: