TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

The Matrix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shelly_W

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: The Matrix Reply with quote

What are all your thoughts on the film? I recently did a research paper on the film for my creative writing class. I had never looked at film so in depth before. All the allusions to greek mythology, The Bible, Plato's theories, allegory of the cave, and divided line are quite amazing. I also loved the use of water throughout the film as a symbol of consciousness. Did anyone else get why the Oracle smoked and gave out cookies?? The smoke is an allusion to the vapors of the Oracle of Delphi in Greek mythology. The cookies symbolize knowledge--She at first prepares it, gives it to Neo, Neo is hesitant to accept but eventually does. The movie is an amazing metaphor with great special effects.
rela

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the movie is great.All parts.Great special effects.Love it.
Rockatteer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the many things I love about the matrix, and I think one of the reasons it was so ground breaking with the FX, was that the directors threw the rule book away.

They ignored the age old rules of filming taught to every film student in the world, such as crossing the line and the 30 degree rule, and just did what needed to be done for them to tell the story the way they wanted it told.

Mind you I think the story lent itself rather nicely to that approach and so it all worked together to give us this awesome movie.
Gamelastto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what's so interesting about that really wanted to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: