TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

"Social" Networking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Mac Attack! & technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: "Social" Networking Reply with quote

O.K., can someone explain to me why a frequently less efficient means of communication has become so popular?

I set up a Facebook account and then deleted it. I never used it. I set up a Twitter account and deleted it because I just didn't see the point. I am on Linkedin, but, finding time to use it is tough. I am struggling to uncover the true value of all this constant online communication crap.

Who are these people who are so crazy about it and what are they getting out of it that, apparently, I find useless?

I am doing my due dilegence and trying to learn more from Web sites like Mashable (http://mashable.com/) which is very interesting, but, the values still escape me.

Share with me your insights!

SLB
achristmasstory

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reasoning is similar to the reasoning behind WII. Many kids were not getting enough exercise because they were hooked on video games so instead of turning off the games and sending them outside to play, WII developed a video game that got exercise in. We, (me), can get addicted to communicating with people on line. The varitey of who you meet is great and crosses oceans but if you are not careful you can end up with only cyber friends.

On that note try this new social network and I do still have my old friends, I'm just a night owl and a computer geek.

http://todhd.com/

The only site there I've messed with is kelseylive.com. I'm not sure if my connection is too slow for the site or if it is the site that is slow.
Sodabunnaje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this functionality comes from nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Mac Attack! & technology All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: