TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

1954 Era Rocky Jones & Silvercup Rocket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poplarlane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: 1954 Era Rocky Jones & Silvercup Rocket Reply with quote

Tim,

We have a unique television-related artifact that goes all the way back to the mid-1950's.

My name is Greg Ward, and I work at the Kalamazoo Aviation History Museum, serving as their Senior Curator of Aircraft & Space Artifacts. Also known as, the "Air Zoo", our museum has been running successfully for over 35 years, (specializing primarily in WWII airplanes).

Our website is, www.airzoo.org
My direct office number is, Greg Ward: (269) 350-2843.

In a nutshell, we have a 1954 era semi trailer shaped like a giant science fiction rocket ship of the day. Aptly named, the "Rocky Jones Silvercup Rocket", it was one-of-a-kind, custom-built from the ground up, and sponsored by Silvercup Bread back in the 1950's. Used as a promotional tool for the TV series, "Rocky Jones Space Ranger", (and sponsored by Silvercup Bread), it toured various parts of the country and participated in the Michigan State Fair as well.

Our ultimate goal is, (and has been), to restore the rocket to it's former glory, bringing it back to 100% new condition.

Please contact me so that I may share some of the finer details of this unique artifact.

Thank you![RJ-slide_1956a.jpg][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: