TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 Hemi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Testosterone Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 Hemi Reply with quote

I told my husband last week to "go for it" and get his dream car.
He didn't take much persuading, haha!
We signed the paper work today and get to drive home his brand new jazz blue pearl Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 Hemi tomorrow. My husband is a VERY happy man. He's glowing! The only down side is that it snowed yesterday and the roads are a wee bit slippery.
The purchase of the car comes with the Challenger SRT Driving Experience. Another good excuse to go to Vegas and hit the Las Vegas Motor Speedway where some of the classes are held.
I'm REALLY excited for my husband. Every man deserves to have his dream car!

Last edited by KatieSandstrom on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I am happy for him/
Sadly most new muscle cars and MOST old muscle cars are unatainable by the average blue collar worker. Let alone sick people like me on disability.
I have had the good fortune of owning 70 cars todate in my 41 yr years on earth with more than half being toys.
Chances of me owning one are as good as finding a cure for my disease.
i have had the REALLY good fortune of seeing Jay Lenos cars and going on the Tonight Show in person at his garage and driving by Tim Allens Garage while I was in LA on my Honeymoon.
My wife knew going to Jays Garage and and driving by Tims Garage and seeing Tim do "Last Man Standing" was on my bucket list before my 2nd of 4 brain surgeries. I really owe it to her for filling my dreams.
You can take the HotRod away from me....but not out of me....so all I can do now is admire, and be happy for the ones who have Muscle Cars....RRR
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard Jay Leno came up here to Fairbanks recently to see the antique car museum. We got a lot of cool cars up here. The big beefy trucks come out in the winter and the fancy expensive sports cars and clasic cars come out in the summer.
My husband has the biggest smile on his face now. We just brought the SRT8 home. Time to clean it up and park the pretty thing in the garage.
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you start feeling better soon DCF. Or at least have more good days over bad days. I know how you feel. The diseases you and I have make living a normal life near impossible. All we can do is be thankful we are still breathing. I have 2 uncles that give me the strength I need to get thru every day. My uncles and I went thru many health problems last year. One uncle went thru multiple surgeries to remove a tumor on his brain. He is still in recovery, learning how to speak again and still unable to eat solid foods. He is now permanently disabled, and thankfully alive. My other uncle sadly lost his fight with cancer last year and passed away. I get clear perspective when I look to my uncles. I have it bad with too many surgeries this past year and too many medications, but I remind myself to be thankful that I don't have it as bad as my uncles. Everyday I wake up I thank God. I take what God has given me and try to always make the best of it. Of course I do have bad days and break down from exhaustion of dealing with my crohn's disease. I hate the limitations put in front of me, but I will take what God has given me and be thankful I'm still alive.
I truely hope you have success with your surgeries.
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I "get it!"
I spent the day driving our new SRT8 yesterday....and I am in LOVE with the car! It is the most amazing driving experience that I have ever had!
The car is a gem, a beautiful piece of machinery. It "feels" like you are driving a race car. Now I understand WHY guys like muscle cars and race cars. I look forward to heading down to the Las Vegas Speedway now. My husband is going to have a blast driving the SRT8 on the race track!
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you understand when his head snaps driving down the street he is looking at a car not a girl...well most likely a car.
My wife for a long time thought I was checking some gal out and then id blurt out...hey look at that Camaro...or Nova...and just so happens a blonde was walking by. Dumbfounded I never saw the blonde until she mentioned it.
My son is 14 and has the bug too.(has his own hotrod) andhe does the same...
She is slowly starting to believe us....lol

Its a gear head thing ya know.
KatieSandstrom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My step son is a gear head too. The first thing he asked me to do after we bought the SRT was to take him to the DMV to take his driving permit test, haha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The Testosterone Corner All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: