TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Home Improvement -- Ten years Later (really)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cewillis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Home Improvement -- Ten years Later (really) Reply with quote

I know the topic of an 'reunion' movie has been hashed and rehashed many times. I am FOR IT!, and here are my humble plot fragment ideas.

It's 10 years later.
Tim and Jill still in love and devoted to each other -- which is the foundation of Home Improvement.
Tim and Al decided that one final 'Tool Time' was enough, and left it closed down 10 years ago.
Tim started a new business(?)/pastime -- a custom car shop called 'Car Time', or 'Tim Taylor Design', or (or something better). The shop basically runs itself, but Tim shows up occasionally to 'help' and provide guidance. Tim still builds his own hot rods in the garage -- bringing in friends and relatives to 'help'.
Jill is a successful psychologist, with an office down the street in Tim and Jill's rental house where Al used to live. Tim sometimes sneaks in to make some needed repairs during office hours.
Brad -to everyone's lasting amazement- is a lawyer in a nearby town. He and his wife have 2 kids, and boy and a girl. Many extended family interactions.
Randy is a roving research biologist -- analyzing problems (NOT! 'global warming') the world over.
Mark is a graphic artist / computer scientist, who has been working for Lucus Films, but is now moving back to Mi to start his own consulting / production company. A pending marriage influenced this decision.
Al and Trudy(?) are busy with various charity works. Two little Al's follow them around.
Harry (and Al) still have the hardware store.
Tim's and Jill's Moms (great characters) are still around, and active.
Wilson, alas is gone. Maybe he died (in a freak Kaber tossing accident?), or finally moved to the jungle (or Chicago). There are many moving (and funny) remembrances.
Tim and Jill have a new neighbor. Tim helps HIM with his frequent questions and problems (often drawing on Wilson's past help)
Amidst this happy background, Tim and Al decide to do a 'Tool Time' reunion. Chaos ensues. The hardest part turns out to be locating Heidi.
Total run time: at least 3 hours!

Come on, Tim, you've said, and everyone knows that Home Improvement is still your real home. A man who moves the old sets to his real business has got to go back!
cewillis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Home Improvement -- Ten years Later (really) Reply with quote

cewillis wrote:

Can't believe I forgot that TIM and Al own the hardware store!
timbojaneFAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good... Wink
alice Twisted Evil
Slice812

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Home Improvement -- Ten years Later (really) Reply with quote

cewillis wrote:
Tim and Jill have a new neighbor. Tim helps HIM with his frequent questions and problems (often drawing on Wilson's past help)

This, to me, is your best plot device. They might even sneak in clips of Wilson pontificating from the original series. Wilson had more than a significant impact on the entire Taylor family, and even Al. After all, think about how many times he helped all of them, not just Tim. His insights were simply the stuff of legend. As for the rest of the series, it would seem to me to be simply a rehash of trite plotlines and tired rhetoric. I think it would bomb quickly. Think about After M*A*S*H . That series didn't even make it through a complete season before being cancelled.

Now a movie makes more sense to me, even without Wilson, I think there would be a significant amount of interest from the public on a one-time shot. Provided, of course, that all the original actors could be enticed to participate, sans Wilson, of course. But a weekly series? "I don't think so, Tim."
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not letting the Wilson character die as well? I don't think anyone could fill Earls shoes on HI! One possibility to stick with Wilsons quotes/thoughts might be a book written by Wilson before he died. Some sort of guide through life. His wisdom in a 1000-page-volume... Tim Taylors new bible.
And then the invention of some completely new characters.
cewillis

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Home Improvement -- Ten years Later (really) Reply with quote

Slice812 wrote:
cewillis wrote:

This, to me, is your best plot device. They might even sneak in clips of Wilson pontificating from the original series. Wilson had more than a significant impact on the entire Taylor family, and even Al.
Now a movie makes more sense to me, even without Wilson

That's what I had in mind regarding Tim's 'advice', and fond remembrances of Wilson.
And I was talking about a reunion movie, of course -- not a new series.
april_luv

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wont gonna do it, ten years later. i want to do it 5 years maybe.
Rockatteer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Home Improvement -- Ten years Later (really) Reply with quote

cewillis wrote:
cewillis wrote:

Can't believe I forgot that TIM and Al own the hardware store!

It's not Tim and Al that own the hardware store. it's HARRY and Al.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the end it was Tim and Al owning Harry's Hardware with Marty working in the store and Jeff showing eager interest in it / becoming a partner.
turtle42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: home improvement ten years later Reply with quote

i would love to see a reunion show ,,that would be awesome. they could start by coming back to town for wilsons funeral ,and go from there. i love home improvement ...::Smile))))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Home Improvement All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: