TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Space...the final frontier.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWriteGal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Goals Reply with quote

TimAllen wrote:
All great comments... I believe that without setting some big goals with specific plans, little will happen. Looks like unmanned stuff will dominate our exploration for some time.

You are so right Tim. My dad worked as a NASA technician on the Space Shuttle for more than 30 years. I got to tour behind the scenes at the Kennedy Space Center, which was an honor. I saw the new Atlantis unmanned vehicle, and it just is sad all the way around. I've heard little to nothing since the final launch. They claim that privatizing the space program will be good for it. I'm not so sure because it means those with the most money will influence research, types of exploration, etc... On top of which, it's cost thousands of jobs in an already crippled economy (Florida being one of the hardest hit.) I'm typically for smaller government and less Federal spending - except in these types of cases, where the well being of our nation as an organic entity is at stake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Science Fiction and the Future All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: