TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tim's Taylor house

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timpskie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Tim's Taylor house Reply with quote

Hello Home Improvement fan's.

I'm Tim, a HI fan from Belgium. I started working on a scale Model of the Home Improvement set. After weeks of scetches and trying to recreate David Sackeroff's design of the Taylor house, I started building the set. The scale model will be 1:12. This will be a project that will take a few years, but Tim didn't build his hotrod in a day either. If anyone would like to follow the process, pictures are uploaded on picasaweb:

http://picasaweb.google.com/106497497747076339397/TimSTaylorHouse#

Greets,
Tim
Howiregi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW ! That is great. I always thought that I am a big HI fan, but this is much bigger. I sure like to follow your work for the next hundred years....

Or as Tim once said to "Wilson" : "you must have an awful lot of free time!"

Do you want to build the whole house with basement and everything?

Regina from Germany
Timpskie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regina,

No, I only want to build the living room with den, library, kitchen etc..., the garage and the garden.

I try to make free time for this hobby, I used to paint, but I wanted to do this for a while, and finally got to it. I work on a painting for a few months, but this will take a lot more time. If I would want to build the whole set of the whole house I'd have to quit my job I guess Smile

I have always had a thing for soundstage sets, and I thought the HI set was one of the best designs I have ever seen. I always felt “Home” watching Home Improvement.

Greets,
Tim
Rockatteer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! Thats VERY impressive. I've added your page to my RSS feeds so I can keep track of your progress.

I hope you keep going until it's all completed.
Timpskie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now also follow the group on facebook:
Home Improvement Scale Model set.

Tim
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timpskie wrote:
You can now also follow the group on facebook:
Home Improvement Scale Model set.

Tim

Looks like youre pretty much finished. That is awesome. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Just in case anyone else wants to see it, this is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Home-Improvement-Scale-Model-Set/172336656121114?v=info#!/pages/Home-Improvement-Scale-Model-Set/172336656121114?v=wall
Timpskie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far from finished. Next finishing the upstage part, painting, finishing the den, the kitchen, garage and then the garden, and all the other small details. I still have some work for the next 2 years Smile
Photo's will be updated when something new is added.

Tim
Slice812

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timpskie wrote:
Far from finished. Next finishing the upstage part, painting, finishing the den, the kitchen, garage and then the garden, and all the other small details. I still have some work for the next 2 years Smile
Photo's will be updated when something new is added.

Tim

This is some awesome work and it looks like you've really nailed it as far as scale and placement of stuff in the correct locations. I had a question about the layout that maybe you've already addressed and I just missed it. In the usual shot from the kitchen looking toward what is presumably the "front" on the house, there is a small hallway on the left side of the screen that leads to the basement door and a pantry area. In the first season, during the Halloween episode, Tim sends the annoying kid, Curtis, this way to use the restroom and even Jill goes this way to use the facilities. In a later season episode (The Feminine Mistake), there is a camera shot from the right side of the screen looking straight down this hallway and clearly there is not enough hallway to have a downstairs bathroom to either the right or left. I always assumed the pantry area was to the left as Jill is clearly seen putting groceries away in this area in at least 2 other episodes. Did you just eliminate this and make a short hallway to the door leading to the basement?

I realize that over the course of 8 seasons, there will be some idiosyncrasies and trivial errors such as this but I've actually drawn the floorplan out of this house and it has always bothered me. A downstairs bathroom makes sense and more, this seems a logical place for one. Anway, just curious how you worked this out. Thanks.
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you find that couch? Or did you build this yourself as well?

http://picasaweb.google.com/106497497747076339397/TimSTaylorHouse#5520929107351117730
Ali Ahmad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing!! Thats great. I've added your page to my feeds so I can follow your progress.

Best wished and I hope you keep going until it's all completed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Home Improvement All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: