TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Addiction and Recovery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwaldron14905

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Addiction and Recovery Reply with quote

The one thing that has attracted me to Tim Allen was the fact that he was (is) an addict fighting to stay clean and sober. If you read his books (Don't stand too close to a naked man) it talks about his bought with drug addiction. As someone who is in recovery from addiction, I look to people like Tim and see how human they are. The share the same battles I do in life and that is to stay clean and sober.
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My better half, my best friend, my everything.....is in recovery. I had her watch an indepth interview with Tim and he spoke graciously about his recovery. Now she understands why I admire him so much. NO ONE is free of addiction. Can happen to anyone. I support the 12 steps being a non addict and have great respect for anyone seeking treatment. Being in recovery des NOT stop after what americans call "REHAB", here in Canada its called TREATMENT.
You can function and live a normal productive life in recovery. The whole JUNKIE scario isnt always true. I have accompanied my sweetheart to many meetings. You will find Doctors,Lawyers,Police Officer, Factory Workers, Moms, dads and anyone at these meetings. Its not what you would think...its not the junkie in the alley way shooting up. Its drugs and alcohal illegal or prescribed. It can peoples lives and take them too. So support someone you know whom is battling addiction. Help them and support them. Where as alot of people would have ran away from my honey because she was an addict. I ran to her with open arms and love her immensly without judgement. Whether you are famous or not. It can happen to you.
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried finding that video with James Lipton Inside the Actors Studio but couldnt find it on you tube. If anyone can find and post it, it would be appreciated.RRR
AnneR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too want my partner to be sober from alcohol, but it is so hard for him to do it, even several he tried. Temptation is so strong, specially if he is in great stress. I love to help so I need somthing to inspire him.
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is most likely in Denial. Stept 1 of 12 is admitting you are powerless to your addiction.
Have him attend an AA meeting....and you should attend an Alonon meeting yourself.
Many AA attend NA meetings aswell. We attend weekly to NA. I fully support it.
My wife has been clean 5.5 years. NA saved her life.
adminette

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCd_MlSbsRA
Dedicated Canadian Fan

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much Adminette. Been looking for that one for awhile. Amazing interview.
No if I can only find the video of him at the HotRod Ford Truck doing the burnout by his shop....Sorry another subject....RRR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Home Improvement All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: