TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

don't push the river, it flows by itself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
'71 Chevelle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: don't push the river, it flows by itself Reply with quote

Shocked

I FINISHED "I'M NOT REALLY HERE"!!!!!!!!!
People here on Long Island say I'm too gullable. They chock it up to my mid-western upbringing. How narrow minded. I am just open, always have been.

Was there really encounters with clairvoyent homeless people? Did apricots really get pushed around by a turtle? Does it really matter? Am I missing the big picture? Chess, I realize that "At least I'm enjoying the ride" (Bob Weir) And what a ride this book was. I thought I was going to read a one dimentional, humorous outlook on the mundane.

I got that and then some. I would turn the page and read something that affirmed thoughts and beliefs I've had in my gut. Then I'd laugh at a one liner, then I'd re-read a paragraph or two to comprehend strings, waves, etc. I thought no one around me had read Carlos Castenada, and his Don Jaun. And there it was. Gestalt was there, buddist philos. was there, science was there, This was not a quick read for me. Don't take things too seriously was confirmed by the ending, and I finally took a breath and thought, my that was a ride, a good read. Thanks! Remember the ripple in still water, where there is no pebble tossed or wind to blow, you can choose to lead or follow, that path is for your steps alone.
Wizard27

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Tim does put his comedicspin on life as lived by him. And many things ring true for many people in his books. I read both within a month of release. I got as much out of it as the next person.
ShellyH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never realize Tim Allen have book. But I know that he is a comedian, and a really good one. Nice to read the post, Ive got an idea.
Donna Rager-Peard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: naked man..book Reply with quote

I didn't realize tim wrote more than one book! behind in the times..only remember good person, good husband, good friend, and hoping everything in his life is running smoothly...now i have to go to the book store and see what he has done now! hey better late than never! I say!...an see what I have missed..hahaha did mention great guy...hahaha just saying ...hugs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Books by Mr. Allen All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: