TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Nuclear Black Holes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The World of Quantum Physics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emrad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote: "Qf is uneffected by temperature extremes but is effected by any and every artificial pulse of voltage that we produce. From our small biological voltages to supernova, each one disturbs the QF and it answers back in like manner."

I believe you're talking about EM waves? Of that I am very familiar, having played with radios so much. From the click of a light switch to computers to fluorescent lights... even a seemingly inert quartz wristwatch - all these things emit EM waves that can be detected by radio receiver. The eletrons around atoms drop a harmonic or energy level and, pow! A photon is born.

I wish I could grasp the concept of quantum foam, or, space time foam. But once again I become the living example that there comes a point when the ability to imagine simply must be augmented by the ability to work unimaginable numbers... I think it is that which keeps me from being able to picture such a froth, or how it might relate to known physical phenomenon. My own imagination looks at what has been said of black holes or the concept of the singularity and wonders... wouldn't it take an infinitely smooth surface to be able to resolve an object that comes to an infinitely small point... but there it is again, the ever present problem of the perspective of the observer.

What I read of the relationship of black & white holes raised the possibility that the formation of a black hole in one universe might cause the formation of a white hole in another universe, or actually BE the formation of a new universe... tough stuff to grapple with this early in the morning!

Off for some coffee! Smile

Emrad
P. S. Edit: ?Infinately? (pardon my early morning spelling!)
Emrad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the antenna project I mentioned.
I can't make much of the equations but I did recognize the polar plots as being consistent with antenna radiation patterns.

http://iopscience.iop.org/1367-2630/9/7/217

Emrad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The World of Quantum Physics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: