TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

What are you currently reading at the moment?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Have you read a good book lately?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeanie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started reading Stephen King's Duma Key while on vacation two weeks ago. Still working my way through it.
ClassyBroad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's been about 6 years since I've been to this forum... glad to see my username is still here! Surprised

Anyhoo, on to the subject: I'm reading Fire and Ice by Christopher Jones. He's a new author, he publishes on Lulu.com. I met him last year on a river trip where he was researching for his sequel. And we all made a joke about how we would somehow be incorporated into his next book. So now I have to read his first book, so I can read the sequel and find myself in there!
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great!!! I hope to be a character in a great novel written by artist! Laughing
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought me a paperback copy of "Waiter Rant" by A. Waiter (Anthony Bourdain) at Gatwick Airport. Havent had the time to read it yet.

www.waiterrant.net
rela

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am reading Laurie R. King's novels now, but only Mary Russell stories (cos I can't get the others). I love how she took over Holmes after Doyle let him go, so to speak. The books are amazing, I've read the first 6 novels, and still have to wait 'till my bookshop gets the other 4. And, Laurie is still writing them, which is a good thing! Very Happy
Anyway, it's about how this girl, Mary Russell, meets Sherlock when he's 54 in Sussex Downs, and she's 15, and she becomes his apprentice (she also has that power of deducting stuff), and later his equal partner then even a wife.
I'm into reading all adaptations of SH by other people, to see what they make of this fascinating man, and so far, Laurie's adaptations are greatest for me. She's really sticking to the original Doyle stories, and changed Holmes only in one point: he got married. But Mary's a perfect match for him, and they are more partners, then husband and wife, anyway.
All in all, great novels.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to my psychology exam next month I've been working my way through several books about grief.
My prof wants us all to ask a "psychological question" relating to ourselves or someone we know well. Like "Why is my boyfriend so jealous?" or "Why am I so over-ambitious?". So I decided to ask "Was my reaction to my friends death "normal"? Is it a "simple" or "complicated" mourning?
Then we were to go to the library and get at least 3 books on the subject we chose. We have to bring these books with us for the exam and use them to find an answer to our question and we have to underline our thesis with quotations from those books.
It is a stirring process for me to go through these books but it is also interesting to explain your own reactions.
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading the Smoke Thief and Blood and Thunder, the story of Kit Carson. I'm still working on Brisingr the Eragon 3rd book, haven't gotten very far in that. I am interested in the other stuff right now.

I got a chapter done of The lightening Thief--Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I think I'd rather go see the movie for this book.
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To books: The Smoke Thief, which is a fantasy romance novel--fluff.

And Blood and Thunder: The Story of Kit Carson. This one's tops.

I did go see the movie The Lightening Thief. I think I'll go back and read the book. The movie was hoaky!
joalis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen King's Rage. I finally found a copy. That was nearing impossible.
my_face_is_on_fire

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently finished reading "Conspicuous Consumption", by Thorstein Veblen (kind of... the point is made abundantly clear throughout the book and makes the last chapters unnecessary to read) and "Propaganda", by Edward Bernays. I'm not that enthusiastic about reading much else at this time.
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute username. It makes me think of spicy hot wings.
my_face_is_on_fire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I had various Home Improvement accidents in mind at the time.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUCH!!!
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son and I are reading our first book together. *sigh*
Philip Andrews

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: I am reading... Reply with quote

I am reading a very short novel called Fungus. It is a science fiction story with a little bit of eroticism. But I was only interested in the fictional part & the suspense that lies beneath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Have you read a good book lately? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: