TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

When is it Art?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Who is Tim Allen?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SLB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: When is it Art? Reply with quote

I think most of us have jobs. That is certainly my case. 99% of the time there is no chance that this job will ever feel like art.

Working in entertainment seems to offer more potential to have a few peak moments when it feels more like art. What are those moments like? Do they come by will, or is it more a crazy, wonderful confluence of the right timing and elements that just suddenly happen? Do they look as good on film as they feel in the moment?

Are there many of those moments? Are there enough? Do they stay with you? Do you reflect on them sometimes? Do you learn from them?

SLB
TimAllen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The art I feel is comedy. Comedy is timing and surprise. I love the gift of giving it and receiving laughter from audiences, crews, passersby anyone really. I also dabble in graphic art and industrial design. I find design applied art also very gratifying. Sometimes the best of my art is for my eyes only.
LadyHawke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is it miller time?

But seriously. Comedy comes naturally to me. When I'm having a good day at my day job (subbing at school) and I can let loose a bit with the kids, I like to crack jokes and see how many get them. Some do--and laugh.

I remember a while back, I was giving a test for a teacher I was subbing for. There were some wise ackers in the class. Before I gave out the test, of course, a huge line of boys got up from their desks and moseyed on over to the pencil sharpener. Before you can say Klem Kadiddlehopper, they were doing the Roxbury Brothers SNL dance at the pencil sharpener. It was so funny!

Then there was this other time when a bunch of boys in another school were trying to stall their test. They were humming and humming and humming, each one taking his turn, and I cracked them up when I asked them, instead of getting mad at them, "Is this the Brotherhood of the Hum?" It was an old skit on the comedy show Fridays, which I loved better than SNL at the time. and I guess they got on with the test after that without any further delays.

When you have great straight guys--and class clowns-- it's all down hill!!!!!

Remind me to tell you of our Senior Night Stage Show! When you graduate from a high school and a class that is made up of three-quarters class clowns, you know you've got an SNL night on your hands.

Incidentally it's:

HOME OF THE NEW YORK GIANTS WINNING SUPERBOWL COACH TOM COUGHLIN!!! GO TEAM!! GO ELI MANNING!!!
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyHawke wrote:
Before you can say Klem Kadiddlehopper....

I just tried saying that... I think I broke my tongue. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Who is Tim Allen? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: