TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

'Old Git Wit'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Have you read a good book lately?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bellydancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: 'Old Git Wit' Reply with quote

At the age of 48, I don't really consider myself an 'old git' yet, but was nonetheless bemused when a dear friend gave me a copy of the above titled book by Richard Benson (ISBN 978-1-84024-542-4). It's full of quips and quotes that may or may not be applicable through the latter stages of ones life. I offer a few examples below for your delectation and amusement.

"I was born in 1962. True. And the rom next to me was 1963."
Joan Rivers

"Middle age is when you're faced with two temptations and you choose the one that will get you home by nine o'clock."
Ronald Reagan

"My grandma told me, 'The good news is, after menopause the hair on your legs gets really thin and you don't have to shave any more. Which is great because it means you have more time to work on your new moustach."
Karen Haber

"A medical report states that the human male is physically capable of enjoying sex up to and even beyond the age of 80. Not as a participant, of course....."
Denis Norden
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Have you read a good book lately? All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: