TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

A New Invention

View previous topic :: View next topic  
artist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: A New Invention Reply with quote

Does anyone know which companies online would actually be good to submit an idea for a new product to? There are so many that advertise they are looking for new ideas and say they will prepare and present your invention idea to corporations. I would love to know for sure which one to try. And I have a serious idea for something that would be a great help to many people. Any recommendations?
joalis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible, build a prototype yourself, or have someone you know build one. Submit a patent application yourself. Do NOT go through those schemey-scammy slimeball "We'll get your patent and market your idea" outfits.

My neighbor had to sue someone to keep the rights to her own product.
artist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: A Not So Bright Idea Reply with quote

Thanks joalis, wow, do you think they are all bad? Cause it will be sometime before I can patent the idea myself. Oh, well. What's that old saying, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is? I guess it's ok after all to be a little suspecious of things sometimes......anyway, thanks.
joalis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably arent all that bad, but I am skeptical of people who want to be a middle-man for someone when there are ways of advocating for your own self. Unless you are lucky enough to find an honest person who is really really good at it, you are probably best off asking buddies for advice, like you are doing here!

I'd go ahead and read the patent office web page.
artist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: A New-Fangled Device Reply with quote

joalis, thanks again for your advice. As I said, it will be awhile. I'd definitely have to get someone to build the contraption, ha! Would be so much better to go through one of those online places, if a legitimate one could be found. Anyway, thanks again.
joalis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an invention too. (I'm not telling!) I'm going to bug my hubby to make one for me! (They will make the world a nicer, kinder, sweeter, more friendly place...) Smile

Meanwhile I'm going to draw it in my 3D graphics program.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> New Discoveries All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: