TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

abortion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I think that women should have the right to make their own decision, I think we should make differences here and there.
I support every true reason mentioned before (rape, incest, age, having too many children...) but these shocking statistics made me rethink a little conversation I had with a co-student maybe one or two years ago. This girl came from a ...how shall I call it?...an unstable kind of family. She was and still is in her beginning twenties and told me straight in the face that she already had three abortions!!! Three!!!! I asked her why she did this and all she could tell me was that she didn't want to have a baby, yet. So I asked her what she thought about avoiding to get pregnant. She just said "Hmm". That was all she had to say!!! She had "just forgotten" prevention! She said she felt no regret of any kind and couldn't say wether it was the last time for her to have an abortion.
Kinda shocked me!!! How irresponsible a "so called ADULT" can act. And the real desaster is that I think she's not the only young woman abusing her right to make her own decision.
I told her that I couldn't imagine to even speak so coolly about a subject being so personal and painful to many women. She said "Yeah, I know that it sucks, but ..."
Being a mommy in her twenties myself, this is too hard to figure out for me. What do you folks think?
Me

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see, thats exactelly what i was trying to say. You really just have to look at an abortion at so many different aspects. as all the stuff that was allready mentioned. But,... wow.... that story is.... kinda really shocking.
but maybe thats just the best example of let us see, that for every single person there is a different view of things. You know, but... on the whole itīs ..... tricky to say which view is teh right one, thought that view of your story Hasepup1980 is kinda...... well
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read an article on abortions. It said the Guttmacher Institute in New York found out that the number of abortions is constantly declining.

Abortions worldwide

1995 -> 46 millions ( 35 of 1000 )

2003 -> 42 millions ( 29 of 1000 )

(women aged 15-44 years)

BUT 70.000 women are dying every year during or after an abortion. Caused by non-hygienical circumstances or unprofessional operation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Lighting the Light! A positive Approach to the World All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: