TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Pedophilia as capital crime?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to throw in my comment.... I think they must be locked away, so that they will never see the sunlight again.
artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Touched By Evil Reply with quote

joalis wrote:
I think that is probably one of the worst ways to look at it. Sometimes criminals justify killing people by saying things like that.

Maybe, but you're probably such a nice person you can't comprehend the depth of the evil these monsters commit on their young victims. It's almost like they murder part of someone's soul.

I"d like to watch you explain to my friend who was molested, why capital punishment is too harsh. I'd watch from a safe distance, like with binoculers.

I should almost say, my former friend, I've had to distance because over the years he has become so filled with hate, he may eventually be a danger to himself and others. He needs help, but refuses to seek it.

Capital punishment, or life in prison. As long as they never get back out.
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life in prison, no chance of being let out. That's the best option, I think.
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say death. Read the book Soul Murder (if it's still in print) and you'll understand why.
artist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: The Deciding Vote Reply with quote

Jeanie821 wrote:
I still say death. Read the book Soul Murder (if it's still in print) and you'll understand why.

My victimized friend would agree with you. Too bad the victims of these crimes couldn't be given the final say in the matter.

Never heard of the book, Soul Murder, but it is an accurate description of what happens to them.
joalis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If victims determined a criminal's fate, the justice system wouldn't be fair. It would be totally biased against suspects. What if jury pools all consisted of people who were victims of the same crime the defendant is accused of?
artist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Dream On Reply with quote

joalis, don't you know wishful thinking when you......read it? I'm sure everyone is happy with how fair all the murderers, rapists, and child molesters are treated......they are, after all, so "deserving" of fair treatment.
joalis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I should have said "less fair"

Confused
Lunar Hotel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. How 'bout this:

Electrocution with low amperage and only 60 volts. It would take 10 years to kill them but an autopsy would should death by natural causes.

Would that be fair?
UberChic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dilemma is that it's too expensive to either kill these guys legally or lock them away for life.

If we can't go back to vigilante justice (which is cheaper, faster, and probably just as effective as the current legal system in the meting out of justice), then I say the perpetrators need to undertake a lifetime of paying reparations to their victims, as well as voluntary castration if they want to go free.
Hasepup1980

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always been against the death penalty except when it comes to children. In that case I must confess that I envy you. If you're a rapist in Germany you spend not even 2 years in prison if you've done it "only" once. If you abuse a child it might be up to 2 years. If you do that over years you are (in most cases) a free man after 2-5 years. Where is the justice in these cases???? Parents who let their 6-year-old daughter starve don't even get to spend the rest of their lives behind bars. As was the case in Hamburg last year. The little girl died in her parents flat. Her weight was 12 pounds (if I remember that right) when she died. The autopsy report said that she had eaten hairballs and wallpapers. The two cats of the family weighed 30 pounds. Where is the JUSTICE???
Death penalty is (as I've said) forbidden here. But there are times when even I wish it would still exist.
On the other hand: if you do illegal downloads you can get up to 5 years (as the latest cinema-commercials taught us). If you cheat on your taxes it's 5-10 years. And they keep telling as that Justitia is blind!
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasepup1980 wrote:
On the other hand: if you do illegal downloads you can get up to 5 years (as the latest cinema-commercials taught us).

Did you read that, Rela? Do you belive me now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Responses to Tim's Journal All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: