TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

We're not a table...ok, its obvious ...but..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The World of Quantum Physics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: We're not a table...ok, its obvious ...but.. Reply with quote

I'm certainly no expert on quantum physics or physics of any kind . There are some very very important facts about human beings that just being a particle mass wouldnt explain.

1. We are able to derive pleasure from rational thought.
a. some people really enjoy painting a room because it often brings
order to the space. this is why I enjoy clearing brush and cleaning garages. Designers enjoy bringing order to chaos to accomplish a goal.
b. Who really enjoys hearing someone ramble on without making any point or conclusion....? Some might, but I suspect that most are hoping that a conclusion is reached. A movie that reaches no conclusion is not very satisfying. Stories that go nowhere are probably the least popular.
c. When someone moves into a house or apartment, isnt the first thing to do is put everything or most everything in order...some sort of order.
d. Our thoughts tend to want completion, if we see a vague shade of an image we try to complete the picture, it looks like a ...whatever..
A part of story we try to write some sort of ending or where we might see it go in plot.

2. We can sacrifice our selves for a cause. Whether its giving of our time for someones good or our money, or even give our lives for a purpose greater than ourselves. Its a choice, the "instinct" of selfpreservation we can "chose" to "over-ride .

3. We are self-aware...Of course someone can come up with a sort of sophisticated particle cloud explanation but thats an affirmation of paragraph 1d.

Conclusion ....or at least its a possible conclusion ....we are more than an intellegent particle cloud...much more...I call it the imprint of the creators hand...His image..although flawed,

Oh well...Tim, isnt that what this forum is all about?

Sincerely,
Harland Mayes
Klatu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: We're not a table Reply with quote

Harland,

I see the creator's hand in you.

Pretty good of an intelligent particle cloud, I'd say.

Have you noticed? No one disagreed with you.

K
Lunar Hotel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Aggregate Mast Reply with quote

Harland wrote:
Human beings just a particle mass.

Hmmmm. Can I quote you on that?

Oh. Wait a minnit. I just did . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> The World of Quantum Physics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: