TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tim's favorite songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K.C.

If they had been in such a tough fight, the song probably did them well by clearing their thoughts of the bad and replacing it, or at least sidetracking it, with the wonderful thoughts of home.

It is a great story. Thank you for sharing it.

lg, I can understand your point.
LastBandit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Your favorite Christmas song Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Lots of good ones. Anyone, too, what is your favorite Christmas song? Any reason why?

Bit out of season now I suppose, but i'll take this opportunity to speak fondly of The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl's 'Fairytale of New York'. Few other songs i've encountered can voice so many emotions in such a short time.

I like music in as many forms. The Ramones were the first band who really made an impression upon me, and from there i've discovered as many artists, from as many places. I love bands who push their music to extremes, as much as I love gentle music. There's so much that music means to me...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is "The Bells of Christmas" from The Santa Clause.

Amy Grant's Christmas CD and a large choir singing Handel's Messiah are also good.
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Music Reply with quote

TimAllen wrote:
I mentioned before that I think Austin's Monte Montgomery is amazing -- I like R&B, gospel choirs, standard rock, old folk songs that tell a story... it's really hard to say as I have such a passion for music of all kinds and styles.
(I really love the simple ukulele arrangement of the medley "Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World" by the Hawaiian singer Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'Ole. Check it out if you haven't heard it.)

Oh, gosh, I can't listen to that song without crying. I always think of Mark Green's death on "ER".

Tim - want to check out a really cool gospel choir? Check out the music of the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. A 275-voice choir. Totally awesome.
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! 275 voices! I know, what gospel choirs sound like, I once attended one, but way smaller. I wonder how that sounds in a church like St. Stephen´s Cathedral in Vienna.
Jeanie821

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may find out. They're currently touring to promote their new album, which means that my church has to do without them every so often.

BTW... I had auditioned for this choir. It happened to be the same week that I went for prison ministry orientation. When I realized that I had a time conflict, I immediately began praying, asking God to let me know where He wanted me. Two days later, I received a form rejection letter from the choir! I now sing to a "captive audience" three out of four Sundays.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> FAQ- Tim All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: