TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Ray Guns... For Real?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emrad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Ray Guns... For Real? Reply with quote

One day, many years ago now, someone was demonstrating their paint gun for me. I remember holding one of the paint-filled orbs in my hand and remarking "What if they put mace in there instead of paint?"...someone obviously had the same basic idea, and now there are pepper ball guns.
But I never saw this one coming...
I was searching around the web the other day looking for information on lightning research, specifically, the use of lasers to trigger lightning discharges. I eventually came across some information describing how this principle is being applied to a form of weapon called a Plasma Channel Taser, where, instead of darts and wires, this thing would fire two UV laserbeams, ionizing a straight path through the air to the intended target, through which would then be sent the taser's stunning electric charge. Anyone heard of this? What's next... "Blasters"?
emrad
Rian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of guns that concentrate heat rays on a person's body and brutally burn them, a different type of laser guy/ray gun. This is very interesting though too.

Have a link?
emrad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rian, I'd have to go hunt for a link... there were several sites where I found stuff to read about this thing; some more informative than others.
Just run a web search for "Plasma Channel Taser".
Yeah, the phrase, "A bolt from the blue", might soon take on a whole new meaning, you know?

emrad
emrad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rian, have a look at this site:
http://www.americanscientist.org/template/AssetDetail/assetid/44522
...includes a photo of a test firing.

emrad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> New Discoveries All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: