TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Dating
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand your 'short hand'. It's incredibly difficult to read.
deafpower

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i understand im sorry i using text but i just try my best to type full english cos british sign language is my first language but it is not my fault or your fault it just views
Bermudagirl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dating? What is that? Guess I haven´t done that for a long time. I´ve been disappointed too many times.
What do I expect from a guy? At first he has to look good. Someone who says "only what´s inside counts", lies.
Then he needs a good sense of humor. There´s nothing like a good laugh on your first date.
Sex? Not on the first date.
Guys that I won´t date anymore? Workmates and Muslims.
virtuoso in pink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dating makes the world go 'round.
joalis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermudagirl wrote:
Someone who says "only what´s inside counts", lies.

Not true. Some people (myself included) really are attracted to personality first. If a guy has a "face for radio" that's alright if he has an incredible personality!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being able to laugh and have fun is a priority. There is daily work but keeping positive is good anytime.
meanskin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Chicken Salad Reply with quote

You know, when you buy a house; they set it up really nice and make it unforgettable. Then you move in and find out there are tons and tons of things to fix…

Generally speaking, I find relationships to be similar. So the first thing I would appreciate is a woman who would just be herself. Flaws and all.

I would expect her to be able to hold her end of an intelligent conversation. She would have to eat more than one green bean off her plate. Like said above, it is a big turn off if she limits herself. I would much prefer a woman just eating me under the table then going on a date with a woman who is too insecure to touch her food. I guess I just expect good conversation, a lot of laughing and a woman who can be a lady. There is nothing more discouraging then being a gentlemen to a woman who doesn’t appreciate it.

And of course…no sex, no kiss. But, she can tickle me! Lol. I mean I’m obviously looking for a friend that will win my heart over. So why not take the time? I mean a first kiss is always better when you anticipate it and you have to wait for it. It means something then.

And I don’t buy expensive dinners or flowers on a first date. I think that these things are better at a later time. I mean if a woman can sweep me off my feet and make me melt just by existing, then she deserves all the romance in the world. Then I’ll definitely sweep her off her feet and make her feel like a princess.

I think a woman should just be able to prove to me on a first date that there may be a gap in my life she is filling and I need her. Otherwise she is just baggage and I don’t have room in my life for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joalis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was with you until that last sentence. Most of what you said is very nice and makes your personality seem attractive.

Having a gap that needs filling isn't healthy. I hope you were speaking metaphorically. The strongest relationships are ones where the people involved are independently happy. A parner is supposed to enhance your happiness, not maintain it. It's better to be with someone who wants you, not someone who needs you.
meanskin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: okie dokie Reply with quote

Let me rephrase that. I'm sorry about that, I was trying to avoid a huge long novel, which I have a bad habit of doing...lol I guess in a nutshell I just mean that there are people that have a negative influence in my life and there are those that have a positive influence. I just mean that I consider a second date if the person seems to fit nicely into my life. Not as a need, but rather as a strength. For instance, a drug addict would be a person with some baggage and it would not be in my best interest to develop a long term relationship. Which where I live, it is a rare case where I meet someone who "is" drug free.

You see, as far as the gaps go in my life, I think of it as a puzzle. I am a very romantic and thoughtful man and it wouldn't be right for me to be with someone who isn't capable of expressing themselves. I mean this is just an example, but the point being compatibility. If I go on this date and we have the time of our lives and realize that there are a lot of things that would want us to "want" to be together, then I'll consider another date.

I don't want someone who will be clingy and totally hopeless without me. I would want an independent woman who knew what she wanted out of life. Perhaps, that last line could be scratched, it was a very unspecific comment and there are a million ways for me to describe what I feel and want. I just mean that a lot of the people I have dated have brought me down or deteriated parts of me that were important. So in a nutshell, I would really just look at the compatibilty and try to weigh things from there. Anyways, enough said. I hope it makes a little more sense, or perhaps I've confused the situation. oh well. Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joalis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you didn't confuse anything. It makes a lot more sense now.

I just have this serious problem with this common notion that people are incomplete without a partner. Too many people think that they need to find someone to make them happy or make them whole. I thought at first you were suggesting that, but I'm glad to see you weren't.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't read the whole thing, were you just suggesting that the other person make you feel like this is a very good addition to your life. Your life could feel complete but finding out there is more? Do not think you should require this to occur on the first date.
meanskin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: hmmmm Reply with quote

i think I have a way to put it. Yeehaw. lol. Look, if I am going to go buy me a brand new car, there are a few things we have to think about first. I'm already going to be aware of what type of engine I might want, how much horsepower, what kind of options, gas mileage, etc, etc, etc. hell, I'll probably want a specific color too. So obviously I'll go to the section of cars that are similar to my tastes and wants. I mean if I want a lot of power, obviously I'll pass up a 1982 Chevette. Right? So, now I'm looking around and I kind of like this 68 Nova they got. So I take it for a test drive. From being with this car I can tell it's had a rough past. It isn't up to my specifications, so I go back and start looking at other cars.

None of them are what I would want so I say what the hay and decide to take this Harley they got for a spin. Not what I want, but I'll just have a good time. Except, guess what? I love this thing!

Man, I feel so much freedom on this bike. Total independence and yet a very strong bond with the bike at the same time. Totally amazing. My heart beats faster when I lean closer to it and man, I can tell this thing just really clicks with me! Who would have thought? I mean it wasn't what I necessarily was looking for, but boy does it seem to fit perfectly!

So I do what any man in his right mind would do, I tell the guy I'll be back the next week to test drive it one more time and probably buy it. I mean you can't be too sure on a decision like this. But, I really had a fanstatic time!

And of course, a week later...

You know, I really thought I hit it off with this bike but this time around it was absolutely fantastic! WOW! I mean hey, I'm interested. So I sign some paperwork and guess what? I just made my life a little bit better. Yeehaw.

So I guess that works. I mean come on, if you are dating somebody and things are going really awesome, you are obviously going to feel even better about things than you did before. Which doesn't say you were lacking before, it just says that more positive stuff was put into your life. I mean come on, what person doesn't get even happier when they get something new that is so cool and so much fun?

And the first time around on a date, I would think that you would be able to see if there was any type of connection. If there wasn't why waste your time? I don't believe in love at first site and that isn't what I am implying. I guess maybe I'm just a guy who doesn't focus on getting laid so bad that I forget to look at what is really going on between two people. I pay close attention. And the good part is, I don't have to "learn" to like anyone or give anyone a chance. Because either we'll click or we won't.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> Men & Women -- Half a Mystery All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: