TimAllen.com
 FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 

Tsunami and Quake That Hit China, Indonesia, Thailand
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Writer16

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is good...

better safe than sorry...
&
Better safe than dead..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: after a month Reply with quote

A few thoughts...

After pushing us in the beginning (More, more from the U.S.!!) we've proven we are a nation of givers. So now, we have to decide if we're going to back up a little, so others can 'get in' to help. Critiquers: Come out, come out, where ever you are...

The number of dead continues to rise astronomically. This is a long term rebuiilding project, if there ever was one...what do we do first? How do you stitch back together the soul, much less the village? God's certainly presented us with a challenge, in terms of 'needs of humanity', don't you think? Just whew.

The Carribbean HAS NO WARNING SYSTEM. Good Lord. How many cruise ships unload there every day? How many people depend on those ships for a livelihood? No warning system? Hello? How much does one of these things cost, anyway? If an alligator got into my unfenced back yard and ate two of my three pets, I'd be putting a fence up, you know? Do ya'll feel this way?
barbara

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Caribbean has no warning system, I didn't know that, I think they better do something about that don't you. Some of those Islands are so small, they would never make it...their would not be enought time to get out. Those cruise ships are full of people from all over the world...and they are alot of them out somewhere at any given time. I still can't get over the tsunami-it all seems so surreal doesn't it..I watch the news and still can't believe that it happened and so many dead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: warnings Reply with quote

There's a big meeting today to update systems in the Atlantic/Carribean, I understand. That's good.
K.C.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Avon lady came by today and Avon has a pin that they are selling for four dollars to raise money for the survivers. Three goes to the charity. I thought that was kind of cool. When you figure it must cost them a certain amout to make and they have to give the Avon Ladies a cut, I think that is pretty cool. On top of that my Avon lady is donating her cut of the pins to the survivers too. (Keep in mind she is in her 70's and this is her only income, that is really nice!)
barbara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info KC, I'll have to look into it. Thats so sweet of your Avon lady to do that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TimAllen.com Forum Index -> New Discoveries All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: